winter still here....

kennyb13126

still snow on the ground here in northern NY, does anybody actually have their convertibles out yet? I'm getting anxious

I drove mine today just to get the engine running but I'm in DC

Not a good time for it yet. Just wait another month. The vinyl actually shrinks in the cold. I've seen the top actually rip when I raised it too late in the evening last spring.
Be patient.

My teenage son and I drive my convertible every day year-round, but we don't drop the top until it's warmer, probably May.   I just took the winter tires/wheels off this weekend.    I also just replaced the old broken weak fog lights with sealed LEDs, I'll put up a separate post about it later with pictures and details.   My lenses were broken from rocks, so instead of just putting in LED bulbs I replaced the whole thing.  I had to modify the fog light mounting brackets a bit, but it seems secure and fits in the opening pretty good.  It looks really bright in the garage, but I haven't even driven it at night yet to test it.       

I'm also replacing my top in two weeks, and upgrading to lip tails and spoiler next week.  And I put on new rear brakes this weekend, too.  I'm really looking forward to the first top-down cruise, to help me feel better about all the time & money I'm putting into mine.        

I drive mine year round too. It's gonna be 83 degrees in Memphis today so I'll have the top down. It's already 67 degrees at 9:30am.

I drive mine year round too. It's gonna be 83 degrees in Memphis today so I'll have the top down. It's already 67 degrees at 9:30am.

Please bring that to MD. My car hates the cold

I might have to move down there! 

My teenage son and I drive my convertible every day year-round, but we don't drop the top until it's warmer, probably May.   I just took the winter tires/wheels off this weekend.    I also just replaced the old broken weak fog lights with sealed LEDs, I'll put up a separate post about it later with pictures and details.   My lenses were broken from rocks, so instead of just putting in LED bulbs I replaced the whole thing.  I had to modify the fog light mounting brackets a bit, but it seems secure and fits in the opening pretty good.  It looks really bright in the garage, but I haven't even driven it at night yet to test it.       

I'm also replacing my top in two weeks, and upgrading to lip tails and spoiler next week.  And I put on new rear brakes this weekend, too.  I'm really looking forward to the first top-down cruise, to help me feel better about all the time & money I'm putting into mine.        

I'll be boxing and shipping that spoiler today

• Like 1

i'd be driving mine more in the winter, but now that the kids are driving i had to make room in the garage by putting in in sideways, so its a chore to get it out, and I don't want it to see the salt we have up here anyway. i wished  i lived in an areaa where i could drive it year round...maybe when i retire. until then it jjust makes for a long winter...thanks for the replies