Did some upgrades today

W30olds

Today I spent some time and money on the 95 Grand Prix. Installed new Energy Suspension sway bar bushings on the front. Also had 4 new Goodyear Eagle Sport tires mounted and front end alignment. Also replacing the original heater core tomorrow. It is beginning to leak, so installing a new one. With the new tires and bushing the car feels amazing. Handles like a dream with the tires. Super happy with the results. Next I'm going to upgrade the headlights. Believe I'm going with some HID's. Slowly restoring the 95 and doing some upgrading. To date I've replaced the radiator, AC compressor, front and rear struts, tires, sway bar bushings, and rear calipers.Have a few more things to do when time allows.

I did the bigger sway bar and ES bushings years ago and they held up pretty good over the years. Just give them a few shots of grease every once in awhile. I`d recommend solid trailing arms and a set of strut tower braces for the front and rear also look into swapping your lateral links to the 2nd gen tube ones. IIRC a mod here can modify the rear link to fit a 1st gen and the front link is direct bolt on. I haven't put the lat links on yet but have don't everything else on a stripped down Cutlass on Falkens and it just hugs corners.

OK so this heater core is a pain in the ass. I'm trying to get the damn heater hoses off. Mine has the original spring clamps and they are a bitch to get to. I got the upper off, but the lower I cant access the dang clamp. It's upside down where I'm not able to get plier's on the clamp and is crammed against the firewall. Any ideas for those who have done this?

Thanks,

Andy

Didn't have much luck spinning the clamp. Luckily I discovered my core had a quick disconnect style fitting on the core. I was able to push the lower hose out through the firewall and get the hose off. Just realized the core I bought at autozone is totally wrong. Took it back and the idiots there tried to make me look like a moron by saying that was the right part. Nowhere even close. So had to order the correct one from another parts store. Anyway going to bypass the heater for a day or so to be able.to drive. Sucks because I'm right there at having it repaired. Ugh!!!!!

I did the bigger sway bar and ES bushings years ago and they held up pretty good over the years. Just give them a few shots of grease every once in awhile. I`d recommend solid trailing arms and a set of strut tower braces for the front and rear also look into swapping your lateral links to the 2nd gen tube ones. IIRC a mod here can modify the rear link to fit a 1st gen and the front link is direct bolt on. I haven't put the lat links on yet but have don't everything else on a stripped down Cutlass on Falkens and it just hugs corners.

Do you have a source for the strut tower braces dude?

Front strut tower brace would be from a dohc cutlass vert or i think theres a gmpp part if you can find it, rear bar would be from got2b gm as would the lateral links.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Frequent the pull-a-part yards and you might luck out finding one. They list inventory online to give you an idea of what cars they have, but it's just genric model/make info. There's one in Norcross, Lithonia, and Conley.

Just the extra Vert one hanging on my wall I grabbed from the JY and I would vouch for anything got2b gm has made, he modified some lat links for me once and I may ask to have another set made too. Good work done there.

You could also have anyone with welding equipment to make one for you as well out of two tower caps and a piece of rod stock measured out for a few bucks.

Edited by rich_e777