Hey everyone!

ThatCleanPregen

Hello everyone. This is my first post, long time lurker. I drive a 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE/GTP.

I bought this car for 350 dollars. Came with 18 years work of dealer work reciepts, was garage kept. ABSOLUTELY NO RUST! Came with mint first gens in the trunk.

So far I've done the following myself.

Tinted windows

Intake

RI mufflers / res delete

Impala strut tower bar

BMR tubular trailing arms

Full leather interior swap

Added HUD

Added factory spoiler

Tinted high beams yellow

Bigger bonniville fog lights

New brakes lines

New calipers

EBC Drilled and slotted

Yellow stuff pads

New fuel tank

Rebuilt engine

Rebuilt transmission

New axles

New radiator

New wiring harnesses body and engine

Gtp suspension

Kyb shocks

Bigger sway bar

Zzp poly mounts

The list goes on and on and on and on. If you would like to see pictures of my car and video you can add me on Facebook or Instagram

Instagram "GTPperformance"

Facebook search Steve Inzero

I'll be posting a lot here!!

Btw I was at the 2016 wbody gathering at the Gibraltar trade center in my Clemens Michigan.

• Like 3

If you go towards the top of the site there's a button that says "More", that will expose "Garage", there are provisions there to post pics in your Garage and your first "Garage" picture will be on the main page of the forum until enough cars get posted to bump you off. Probably like a couple months.

You can post pics in a thread by clicking "More Reply Options" next to the "Post" button.

Wouldn't 3rd gens be first gen since they're not made anymore? Or 2nd since 3rds were last. I dunno, I feel like it originated from dislike for 1st gens, or at least a sense that the later generations were better

Oh, I always thought that term was the very early w's that were boxy. It's implication is of a car that's not current and considered lesser or obsolete.

BTW I dusted a second gen the other day in my insignificant Regal.

Ahh, I see. What's first gen supposed to imply? 1996 is first gen or is it 1.5?

Its a derogatory term for a 1st gen W body. Not sure of the origin but its basically calling 2nd gens the original W bodies. 1.5 isnt even a thing in the Monte Carlo world, they're 5th gen Monte Carlos. Luminas were forgotten

Wouldn't 3rd gens be first gen since they're not made anymore? Or 2nd since 3rds were last. I dunno, I feel like it originated from dislike for 1st gens, or at least a sense that the later generations were better

So then 3rd gens are Post Gen and 2nd gens are just Gen?

Realistically the term should refer to whatever the generation before the car in immediate discussion is. This is getting confusing, I'm with Matt, that terminology is not cool any more on too many levels.

• Like 1

Well people call the LN3 3800 "pre series" so there's that. Considering that GM hasnt made a 2nd gen W body in 11 years the first gen thing is old and outdated.

Not sure why that term stuck and why 3rd gens arent post gens