Emblem placement.

jiggity76

Hey guys, I need to reposition the fender emblems on my Cutlass Supreme to the correct area.  The car was repainted at some point and for some reason the fender badges were put in the wrong place.  Is there anyone willing to make some sort of template that I could use to reposition mine to the correct spot on the fenders?  Or maybe someone has a better way of doing it?  Getting ready to clean and scrub her up and thought this would be a good time to do it. 

Hey can someone send me a pic of the DOHC fender emblem on 91-94 Cutlass Supreme?  I need to reposition mine to their correct location behind the side marker lens on my ride and need a good reference point on the fender.  Car was repainted at some point and someone put them behind the front tires near the Cutlass Supreme door emblem for some reason.  Thanks!  Would really appreciate it.  Car is pictured under New Member Introductions under New to the site! (white 91 International Coupe). 

Yes!  That is awesome.  Thanks a lot!  I just needed a good close up pic to determine the spacing vertically and horizontally to reposition it.  Wow, is that your ride?  Really outstanding car!  I love the dark color against the dark pie alloys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!  Yeah, it's the DOHC emblems on the fender.  If you look under New Member Introductions, New to the site! and find the white dirty/dingy 91 International coupe, you'll  see what I'm talking bout.

Looks about the same to me.  Bumper comes up maybe an inch higher on 92-97.  There is a slight crease just above the pinstripe on the 91 which is hidden by the bumper on 92-97.

Love the pics guys!  Didn't even know that pace car vert even existed!  I'm going to use these pics as reference and post the results.  Going to measure off of the door emblems up from the body cladding and use that as a guide, then center it as best as I can on the fender between the side lamp and wheel opening.

• 6 months later...

Nice out today, about 71 degrees so I worked on my fender emblems.  Thanks to everyone who posted pics, I moved them from behind the wheel to in front of the wheel like they suppose to be.  Looks really great!  I used 3M emblem adhesive tape and worked like a charm!  Emblems in the right spot make a huge difference in how it looks.

• 7 months later...

I've noticed that a few Cutlass Supreme's on CL tonite have the DOHC emblem mounted behind the front tire on the fender next to the Cutlass Supreme door emblem.  My car was also plagued by this when I bought it.  Was or is this a new trend for these cars?  Do people think this looks better next to the door emblem and not behind the turn signal towards the front of the fender?  I just think it's odd and was wondering why people move them from the factory location.

00A0A_jBvtAMYkCB2_600x450.jpg00h0h_1YpnCX1H6w5_600x450.jpg

I like the emblem in the correct spot.  Maybe they fall off and people have trouble putting them in the right spot so they use the door badge as a easier reference point.  I know it took me awhile to get mine in the right place.

Definitely looks bad in those spots.  Must have been the body shop didn't know or care where they're supposed to go.  I don't think it was a deliberate effort by the owners because there are no other signs of customization on either of those cars.

My car was repainted so maybe that's why this is happening.  Still don't understand why they are not going back on in the right spot.  I'm sure some people out there think it looks good but I'm not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Putting the DOHC emblem in front of the door like that I think looks kind of ridiculous, IMHO. I've got a 1996 that came with no emblems at all on the sides (3.1), only the CUTLASS SUPREME SL on the trunk. I put a set of CUTLASS SUPREME SL emblems on each door like on the 1992-1994 models, to break up the white. I think they look ok, and since this car won't be going to too many car shows to be judged, it's all good.

Putting the DOHC emblem in front of the door like that I think looks kind of ridiculous, IMHO. I've got a 1996 that came with no emblems at all on the sides (3.1), only the CUTLASS SUPREME SL on the trunk. I put a set of CUTLASS SUPREME SL emblems on each door like on the 1992-1994 models, to break up the white. I think they look ok, and since this car won't be going to too many car shows to be judged, it's all good.

See, I think that's ok because you put the door emblems where they would be from the factory.  Your just adding them to the car not moving them around in different spots.  I've been seeing a lot of hood Oldsmobile badges in weird spots on the hood, not spaced correctly above the driver's headlight.  Seems like a lot of them are right above the headlight and it just look awkward.

Like this nice car.  It's suppose to be located like my car pictured under my profile name.  Notice the International badge on the door is too close to the Oldsmobile badge, spacing is off and it drives me nuts!

https://images.craigslist.org/00000_ezJbXIRFUMu_1200x900.jpg

I guess it depends on the car...factory placing is hard to beat, because that's the spot everyone has seen them. The Oldsmobile badge doesn't look right on the leading edge of the hood, because of the curvature of the hood makes the Olds script look crooked on the car.

The previous owner of my IROC mistakenly put Z/28 badges on the rockers and rear bumper of my car. Starting in '88, those are supposed to be "IROC-Z" badges. My wife even bought me the correct badges, but I only installed the IROC-Z badge on the rear bumper, because to me, it really didn't make much sense for the car to have a billboard-sized IROC-Z decal on the door, and IROC-Z badges not more than two feet away on the rockers--I think they got it right on the '87 and earlier cars. I've yet to have anyone who's admired the car notice.

post-3232-0-17083300-1509541399_thumb.jpg

Edited by Galaxie500XL