95 LQ1 MAP sensor?

BlutRoyale93

It doesn't show symptoms of a failing fuel pump (that I know of) but it has consistent hot starting issues.

Mechanics say everything is "Performing as it should", but I seriously doubt bucking and jerking whenever I merge onto the highway is normal.

Not to mention 11.4mpg and stumbling on acceleration.

It is not possible to get fuel economy that poor, with those symptoms, and not have the problem show up on a scan tool.  You need someone competent, instead of your current "Mechanics".

For the record, I suggested it could be a failed hose or damper, not a "failing fuel pump".

What do you mean by secondary ignition?

Are you referring to the coils?

Coils, plug wires, spark plugs

This little gizmo tells me the mpg and fuel used and my fuel gauge corresponds to it.

When I say mechanics I'm referring to Brakes Plus and they were the ones who told me everything was performing as it should.

post-9689-0-69606200-1458518141_thumb.jpg

When I say mechanics I'm referring to Brakes Plus and they were the ones who told me everything was performing as it should.

No fukkin' wonder you can't get it fixed.  If they're related to Tires Plus, I'm surprised they haven't caused actual damage.

I'm not sure who I can take it to so they can find the problem.

Since it's OBD 1.5, not throwing any codes, bucking and jerking along with horrendous mileage, I think stealerships are the only ones that can really look at it in depth.

I know you mentioned a fuel hose or damper but I have no means to drop the fuel tank or even know what to look for.

I'd like to check the plugs but the wire boots look so flimsy I'm afraid I might break something and make my situation even worse.

I'm not sure who I can take it to so they can find the problem.

Since it's OBD 1.5, not throwing any codes, bucking and jerking along with horrendous mileage, I think stealerships are the only ones that can really look at it in depth.

I know you mentioned a fuel hose or damper but I have no means to drop the fuel tank or even know what to look for.

I'd like to check the plugs but the wire boots look so flimsy I'm afraid I might break something and make my situation even worse.

ANY independent shop worth a sh!t will have a scan tool that will talk to your computer, and show the data stream.  A fuel pressure test may show whether or not the in-tank hose is ruptured.  I'm thinking that if the system won't hold pressure after shut-down, a ruptured hose is likely.

Tires Plus/Brakes Plus is, apparently, not worth a sh!t.  TP sure isn't, in this town at least--they're perfectly happy to lie to their customers.  I caught them at it when they tried to lie to me.  Never heard of Brakes Plus until this thread.

Just ask if they have either a Tech One or OTC 2000 (or 4000) with GM '93 cartridge (actually a 91 or 92 should be able to talk to a LQ1). Or bring it here, I have several.

GM started with a "Computer Command Control" (C3) in 1981 with a 160 baud bus. Starting in 1986 new engines received the P4 with an 8192 baud bus (yes, they were odd) than continued with some upgrades to 1995. The Federal requirement for OBD-II came in 1996 with two aspects: a standard set of readings and error codes required to meet the spec, and each manufacturer has a set of "auxiliary" codes/readings that are proprietary. The least expensive tool I know of that has everything is the Autoenginuity for $400 (scanner software plus one manufacturer codes).

Meanwhile back at the GM ALDL (assembly line data link) aka OBD 1.5 the best one for personal use is the "'ALDU1 and CABL1'" from http://www.moates.net/gm-19851995-c-64.html ($80). It does require a PC.