Thinking of adding some black to my GTP side skirts

Daermos

Yes or No to Adding Black & For Which Style  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Black on side skirt's

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If i do Should i go with a Matte Style or Gloss????

• Matte style black
    • More of Gloss Black

20160301_153736.jpgOk So my mind is in thinking mode..... I love this Red and thin it looks Amazing!! That being said i am a huge fan of Black, whether it is the Matte black or more of a gloss black.

I have seen quite a few where guys did Hood, Roof and Trunk Lid in black, I am thinking of doing something a bit more subtle and would like to see what you guys think.

Where the arrows are pointing is where i am looking to add the black and it will go the full length.

Thanks for all the great info Everyone!

My suggestions if it were mine? Lower it, tint it, blackout the rear, clear the front, debadge, and get an arrowhead overlay up front

looking at the car above was looking to do something similar with the black along the bottom and no i will not remove bumpstrip, just would like something that says me lol and what are arrowhead overlays Psych0??? never heard of those

Or fender hashes for that matter

No way is hell to fender hashes......

Personally, I don't like that look. There are other ways to make these cars really pop visually.

lol the car that you posted is kind of what i was thinking, I am weird have always loved red and black togeather just want a little something but not over kill if this makes sense

I wouldn't paint those trim pieces different than the main color, I painted one in a flat primer black and put it one to see how it would look. The words "cheap" and "generic" came to mind so I decided to paint it to match the rest of the car, Well when I get the Silvermist color and not the Galaxy Silver.

Now the bump strip can be made to pop, with your color I`d go for a gold secondary color and then maybe "Pontiac" or "Supercharged" in gold text along the lower door trim. My secondary color on my GTP is the aqua metallic from my Cutlass and I don't regret the decision after seeing some of the work done.

I wouldn't paint those trim pieces different than the main color, I painted one in a flat primer black and put it one to see how it would look. The words "cheap" and "generic" came to mind so I decided to paint it to match the rest of the car, Well when I get the Silvermist color and not the Galaxy Silver.

Now the bump strip can be made to pop, with your color I`d go for a gold secondary color and then maybe "Pontiac" or "Supercharged" in gold text along the lower door trim. My secondary color on my GTP is the aqua metallic from my Cutlass and I don't regret the decision after seeing some of the work done.

Hmm ok yeah i am not a gold guy and also going to remove the gtp badge, dang definitely not planning to paint to bump strip ever lol!

I will do some more research and see what i can find.

Hmm ok yeah i am not a gold guy and also going to remove the gtp badge, dang definitely not planning to paint to bump strip ever lol!

I will do some more research and see what i can find.

I can dig that, to each their own. I always though gold and that darker red went together in a 90`s sort of way. Wasn't trying to be insulting about it at all just wanted to keep someone from doing something they might regret.  I sort of like that red GTP coupe Nate posted but what I did, didn't look like that but I only did the door trim and not the skirt.

I thought about this for mine you might like, if you look at the front and rear bumper covers you see that sort of "bump" in the molding? What if you were to paint this area on the bumpers and ending the stripes at a sharp angle as if pointing inward to each other? You`d get that custom look but it would still be subtle and could still do a side stripe level with the front and back bumper stripe.

When I get the chance I`ll edit a GTP pic to help explain a bit better. Or I wonder if I can do better making a video?

I can dig that, to each their own. I always though gold and that darker red went together in a 90`s sort of way. Wasn't trying to be insulting about it at all just wanted to keep someone from doing something they might regret.  I sort of like that red GTP coupe Nate posted but what I did, didn't look like that but I only did the door trim and not the skirt.

I thought about this for mine you might like, if you look at the front and rear bumper covers you see that sort of "bump" in the molding? What if you were to paint this area on the bumpers and ending the stripes at a sharp angle as if pointing inward to each other? You`d get that custom look but it would still be subtle and could still do a side stripe level with the front and back bumper stripe.

When I get the chance I`ll edit a GTP pic to help explain a bit better. Or I wonder if I can do better making a video?

Hey Rich I think i am kind of seeing what you are getting at.... Photo shop would definitely help though lol

Also Rich you were not at all insulting! I asked for your guys Input and i thank you very Much for it! i would like to see a pic of what you are describing above if you are able!