Curious about a emblem.

jiggity76

I noticed that some pics of 91 Cutlass Supreme cars have the Oldsmobile emblem above the drivers head light on the hood.  Do all 91 cars have this or only certain trims?  Some do and don't and it's random so I wanted to know what is correct.  Is my 91 International coupe suppose to have one?  It doesn't right now and I know the car has been repainted and maybe they didn't put it back on.  My 91 International sedan parts car has it so maybe only International cars are suppose to have it?  Any insight on this would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have it backwards.  Internationals all got the "Oldmobile" text emblem above the headlight.  What they didn't have is the Olds rocket symbol emblem between the grilles.

It's kind of backwards when I think about it.  A symbol is more universal and understood by anyone regardless of language, while the "Oldsmobile" text logo is only readable by English speakers.  Although I'm not really sure what the "International" series was all about other than being the sportier version.  All those flags on the international emblem, but the International edition was only sold in 2 of those countries.

OK, thanks guys.  I think I have it straight now.  My 91 International coupe is suppose to have the hood emblem above the left head lamp like my sedan version.  It does not have it right now but I think it was left off after the repaint.  It does have the rocket emblem between the grill but it is faded white/silver and I think it's suppose to be bright red.  My 91 International sedan has both emblems and the rocket emblem between the grill is not faded and is a vibrant bright red.  Both cars do not have the International round emblem that was mounted on the hood in the center.  I think earlier International cars 88-89 or 90 had this.  I think 91's did away with this hood emblem but still retained the door ones.  I'll post some pics when it gets warmer, thanks guys.

I found some old dealer brochures and some 91 Olds Cutty pics.  All International cars did away with the round hood International emblem but still retain the ones on the doors next to the Cutlass Supreme emblem.  Sedans and Coupes have both the hood emblem above the left head lamp and the rocket emblem between the grille.  The sedans have a silver/white molded into the actual plastic grille and coupes have a metal red colored rocket emblem that sits between the grilles on the nose of the hood and is held with adhesive just like the other body badges.  Old brochures are great for this kind of stuff and I wished I had thought of it earlier!

Yep, that's how my 91 International four door is too.  My coupe is like the white one in the pics (thanks for the photo) but also very different as far as options and interior color goes.  Man I really love these cars!