Production numbers.

jiggity76

New to this site and was wondering about a car I just bought.  A 1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme International coupe.  With the options it has and the fact it's a International Series I was wondering if it's rare and are parts going to be hard to find?  Any production numbers on this year would be great too!

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what kind of parts you're talking about. Mechanical parts won't be hard to find at all, an International Cutlass Supreme was nothing more than a trim. Bodywise, anything for a 1988-1997 Cutlass Supreme will be hard to find since there's not a lot of survivors anymore. They're becoming rare at the junkyard.

That's why a true W-Body enthusiast has all the local junk and auto salvage yards on a schedule and grabs the good stuff when they can. 1st gens are closer to the "rare" end of the scale than to the "uncommon" considering everything going through the yards now.

1st gen header panels, bumpers, skirts and light assemblies, hoods, fenders, wings, lips and spoilers, emblems, interior/exterior trim parts, HUD and DIC components, and other ultra rare options I`m forgetting about like UB3 clusters, all these you should be on the lookout for if you plan on keeping your W for life and onwards. Convertible Cutlass' with intact tops ought to be plundered for anything in working order as well.

Same thing you`d do for an old G-body or F-body

Also google around as I feel there used to be a thread with production numbers that might have the Intl. series numbers.

He knows his car is pretty much 1 of 1.

Row52.com, car-part.com, copartfinder.com and looking to see if your local yards have an inventory system are all good resources to have.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the advice guys!  I do make regular salvage yard runs around my area to get anything that is unique to the International trims.  I also found a 91 International 4 door parts car that is rusted out pretty bad for $300 bucks and is unsafe for the road but it has a perfect interior.  I pulled the front seats, console, dash cluster, steering wheel with horn pad, column, all international badges.  I also pulled the factory cassette player/radio sun visors and seat belts, basically anything that I can use on my International coupe.  They both have the same maroon interior.  It also has really nice factory pie alloys so now I have another complete set if I ever need them including center caps and lug nuts.  I plan on keeping the car as long as I can afford too and keeping it original and nice.  No winter driving, only going to be a fair weather car!