Transition to new forum software complete, post bugs and problems here

LukeZ34

So there's nothing to prevent it from happening on future posts?

Seems to be happening still from the mobile version.

Also, I can't get that editing thing to work for me... I've tried 3 times now and it keeps coming out as a wall of text.

After you post, and it is a wall of text, then when you go edit is the post in paragraphs?  If it is in paragraphs when you go to edit, just delete the spaces from the beginning of the paragraph to end of the last paragraph.  Then hit enter until the paragraph is spaced right.  That worked for me, but I was not on mobile version, so it may not work.  Also, I had one paragraph that just would not work right, so I had to do the edit over a few times to get it to work.  Not sure what was happening, but it was possible I was not deleting all the spaces.

I was able to do the same thing that you did to correct the formatting. This is probably caused by a translation problem with the data conversion. There's always a risk of issues like this when converting a database table contents from one forum software to another. I don't believe there's much I can do to fix it, short of editing all the posts that are affected.. Which is not something I am going to do.

I would not do it either.  It's a PITA to do a few!  

If you could, please report this bug to the developer of the forum software.

After you post, and it is a wall of text, then when you go edit is the post in paragraphs?  If it is in paragraphs when you go to edit, just delete the spaces from the beginning of the paragraph to end of the last paragraph.  Then hit enter until the paragraph is spaced right.  That worked for me, but I was not on mobile version, so it may not work.  Also, I had one paragraph that just would not work right, so I had to do the edit over a few times to get it to work.  Not sure what was happening, but it was possible I was not deleting all the spaces.

Yep, it worked perfectly fine when I just tried on my desktop...  Must be a problem with the mobile version or the mobile version of Chrome if others aren't having issues...

Have you sent any mass emails to inform people to reset their passwords to be able to login Luke? I haven't checked mine yet so maybe you already did that or that particular issue has beed addressed already(?).

Small issue, but an issue nevertheless. Sometimes with the new content, it will say there's no new posts if you checked the posts before but didn't actually read them. So when you come back the only way to see them again is to click on new posts in the last 24 hours instead of "unread posts". Not sure what that's abot.

• 2 weeks later...

The embedded links don't redirect correctly, it just takes you to the home page.  Old posts that contain links to other threads on the site use the prior URL.  You might be able to come up with a script to to parse them correctly or edit every post with a link in it.  (Just kidding on that last one.)  Enjoy.