Transition to new forum software complete, post bugs and problems here

LukeZ34

I have a strong feeling EVERYONE will have to reset their password.  I'm sure the hash/salting is different between the software.  It's probably good to reset your password anyhow in the event the old DB had been compromised. 

Alright, I'll try to address these as much as I can. For those of you asking about sig changes, or notification changes, please click on your username on the top right corner of the forum, and choose "my settings". You will see a screen similar to this. The choices on the left will allow you to change everything about your profile.

settings page.jpg

I had to do the same.

Also, I looked at some of my past posts, and I noticed that paragraphs had been condensed into a wall of text, and I do not write like that because it is annoying to read.

This is the first I've heard of this. Not sure there's much I can do about it, but I'll look in to it.

i can't seem to figure out how to turn off email notifications for every reply to a thread I'm subscribed to without completely disabling the subscription?

See my image above, choose "notifications" when you're in the "My settings" menu of your profile.

Tried to upload a couple pictures as attachments but got an 'Upload failed' error on both my desktop (Mac OS X machine) and iPhone (using the mobile site).  Didn't try my Win7 lappy to see if it behaved any different.  The Mac's running the latest version of Firefox (I have Chrome but didn't try it), iPhone's running the latest greatest iOS/Safari.  Wound up tossing them on my webserver and using the Image button to put them in with their respective URLs which put the images in just fine.  Not sure if it was user error of if something else is going on.

I had this problem as well on my Macbook Pro, I'm sure it has something to do with Flash, which is what the image uploader is based off of. I'll try to see what can be done.

I'm a tard and cant figure out how to fix my sig.... lol

See image above.

Is there a "new posts" button? I can't find it.

Use the "view new content" button at the top of the forum.

I have that problem making new replies from the mobile version.

This sentence I typed 2 lines down from the previous line in the reply box, but it's showing as one block of text from my view when I submit it.

This one is another 2 lines down. Is it showing correctly for the people reading it? I can see individual paragraphs from other posters..

This is new to me. I'll test it out when I can.

I can't search for posts earlier than July of 2014

The search database is probably still being populated. With the size of this forum, it will likely take some time.

it doesn't seem to be possible to paste anything into the message box? or is it just me? was attempting to post youtube link in the music thread, plain text doesn't seem to be "pasteable" either.

Will test this soon.

BTW, the multi quote feature is amazing! It made replying to them all much easier.

Also, I found out that if you want to upload images from your computer within a reply message, click on "more reply options". Then you'll see an attachment upload option.

hmm.... restarted, cleared cache, everything is up to date, switched between themes, yet still can't quote/paste.... i'll update if I figure out what is causing this.

odd, I press "more reply options" and in this page I can paste text/links/images.

EDIT: and suddenly it works normally as well....... huh.

Ok so I know this has been made known about the spacing being all weird (the seperation between paragraphs being gone), but there's also a picture limit... just wondering what's up with that. I tried editing my build thread which has a shit load of pictues in one post to fix the spacing issues and it told me I can't submit because it has too many pictures, Is this a new thing now or what's going on. Just want to know...

odd, I press "more reply options" and in this page I can paste text/links/images.

EDIT: and suddenly it works normally as well....... huh.

As it is said in tech support...try it now.

Ok so I know this has been made known about the spacing being all weird (the seperation between paragraphs being gone), but there's also a picture limit... just wondering what's up with that. I tried editing my build thread which has a shit load of pictues in one post to fix the spacing issues and it told me I can't submit because it has too many pictures, Is this a new thing now or what's going on. Just want to know...

Good to know. The settings were limiting to 10 images per post, I increased that to 50.

They should be. I've noticed that any email's going to any At&T email address (including sbc, and sbcglobal) are getting blocked. I've requested to be put on their whitelist, so it's a waiting game now.

put IE11 into IE10 emulation mode via the F12 menu, everything appears functional. switch back to IE11(edge), back to no quotes and inability to paste anything.

They should be. I've noticed that any email's going to any At&T email address (including sbc, and sbcglobal) are getting blocked. I've requested to be put on their whitelist, so it's a waiting game now.

working now

Also, I looked at some of my past posts, and I noticed that paragraphs had been condensed into a wall of text, and I do not write like that because it is annoying to read.

Expanding on the topic of paragraphs converted to wall of text.

I went to edit one post that had been converted to a wall of text.  When I clicked edit, the paragraphs were there just like it was when I first wrote them.  I did not change a thing during edit, and then clicked save, and the post was the same wall of text again.  I then went to edit, and where ever a paragraph should be, I deleted the spaces to the beginning of the paragraph, and then hit enter until I had proper paragraph spacing.  After the edit was saved, now the proper paragraph spacing was correct.

Maybe there is some kind of glitch in the software, or there is some kind of setting that needs to be changed.

Can you give me a link so I can see exactly what is happening?

http://www.w-body.com/topic/54275-failed-attempt-at-installing-leaf-spring-isolator-pad/

That is a topic I started.  The first post is a wall of text after the forum upgrade.  I click edit, and the paragraphs are there.  I did not save it, or make any changes like I did last time to fix the paragraph spacing, so that you could take a look at it.

Not sure if the bug will show itself when you access through admin account.  If it matters, I am using Windows 7 sp1 with Google chrome.

I was able to do the same thing that you did to correct the formatting. This is probably caused by a translation problem with the data conversion. There's always a risk of issues like this when converting a database table contents from one forum software to another. I don't believe there's much I can do to fix it, short of editing all the posts that are affected.. Which is not something I am going to do.

So there's nothing to prevent it from happening on future posts?

Seems to be happening still from the mobile version.

Also, I can't get that editing thing to work for me... I've tried 3 times now and it keeps coming out as a wall of text.