98 Lumina Cabin Air Filter and cowl removal

Mlewk

What is the best way to remove the plastic fasteners that hold down the cowl? Also, how do you remove the windshield wipers to get to the cabin air filter?

Thanks

You usually have to pull the center part out of those little black fasteners then the rest comes out. The wipers, you will need something like a small metal rod to hold the wipers off the glass. You`ll see a hole at the base of the arm were it goes, then you can unbolt the wiper arm and work it free of the spline connection.

I'm 99% certain that you don't(and no other 1.5 W does) have a cabin air filter.... and I just had my cowl off not too long ago, wiper arm doesn't need to be removed, just need to switch the wipers off when they're pointing straight up the windshield, then the cowl will go up as far as you need it to.

RobertISaar is correct in that there is no cabin air filter on these cars (unfortunately). I've always wanted to add one, but don't see a functional, practical way of doing it.

The faster on the cowl doesn't seem to have a center part that can be pulled off. It it flat on top and I can't access the clip through the bottom.