96 cutlass 3800 sc swap

trippsdadah

OK I have a 96 cutlass supreme I'm putting in a 3800 sc from a 97 ssei what will I have to do I have trans wiring harness and computer so is there anything I should know or what works best any help I would be grateful for

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from the aformentioned, the donor from the Bonne will have different motor mounts than what the Cutless needs. You'll need 3800 W-body mount(s). I'm not sure what is all involved to switch. Also, I think the OFA is different on the H-body to the W-body 3800's.

To run an h body l67 in a w body you need to swap out the following parts-mentioned lower mount, dipstick tube, ac compressor, ofa, add dogbone mounts, trans mount bracket. Need following parts to make it fit-97-99 z34 driver axle, 98-99 z34 tb cable, 98 z34 rad heater and ps hoses, can use h body trans lines, 98-99 z34harness, 98 gtp pcm, can reuse 3100eng/trans mounts

So if I get the z34 harness and gtp PCM what other wireing and programming will need to be done

After rewiring c100 and swapping map plug should be plug and play

Yes all I'm concerned with is price if some parts are easy and cheap I have a you pull it yard close that is very good priced and have tons of cars I also know they have the computer in yard but no z Monte Carlo or lumina at this point so let me know what is best

Yes all I'm concerned with is price if some parts are easy and cheap I have a you pull it yard close that is very good priced and have tons of cars I also know they have the computer in yard but no z Monte Carlo or lumina at this point so let me know what is best

If you have a yard nearby you can grab the non z34 specify stuff off any 3800 w body.....sc or not. Ill try to come up with a complete list with prices