3 wire oil senor for Digi UB3

Reride

Hi Guys, Last year I swapped a digital UB3 into my '92 3.1l CSC with the help of RobertlSaar and others on this forum and it works great!

Now I need to wire the oil pressure sensor for the 3 wire plug. Can someone let me know where to run the 3rd wire so that it will work correctly on the cluster.

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Edited by Reride

Ok, I'm a dumb a**! The oil pressure plug I got off the '91 3.1 CSC with the digital UB3 and the one on my '92 3.1 CSC are the same. So I will start over. My issue is the oil pressure gauge reads nothing for pressure when the key is on (bulb test) and low light is lite. With the motor running it goes to the 3rd mark position and never fluctuates.

I won't think this is normal. Could someone make a suggestion on what I might try next? Thanks, Steve.

i would say you either have an oil pressure switch installed(or it's a faulty sensor), or you have a 68 ohm resistor in the harness(some 92 CS were built this way).

GM states it should be roughly 17cm into the harness coming from the oil pressure switch/sensor connector.