Vacuum block clip

NTRCOOL

Hey Guys I recently purchased a Robo 3D printer. My brother and I went in halves on it, any way I planned on making a bunch of cool things I found on the sharing site they have to support it. I thought of some cool things I would want to make and the one that did cross my mind was the vacuum block clip that famously disappears off the TGP's Now I'm not knocking using string to hold those things in place but for the cars that actually can look good at a show with its hood up needs to lose that string. So I plan on barrowing one off my buddy to scan/measure so I can make aftermarket versions of them also be able to but a small logo on them to make them unique( so the GM infringment officer:confused: we have on this site, can't go running to the very company that could care less about a 20+ year old car they don't support anymore, won't be able to turn me in for it:lol:) So if you want it to say TGP or something I can add to it. It will be a bit as I figure out the software to make things but I have been printing some neat things off http://www.thingiverse.com/

So this thread is just a heads up that I am getting back in the game of working on my cars and doing what little I can do to help everyone out here.:thumbsup:

Awesome. I am assuming they will be made of plastic? I have a spare one locked away in my toolbox. LOL. I'd love to get another one, and keep the factory ones stashed away before they get lost.

Yes I need to test to see if the ABS plastic I am going to make them out of will hold up against the temps or worst case scenario I will use them to make a mold and cast them out of aluminum or something stronger than plastic it will be an experiment.

Yes I need to test to see if the ABS plastic I am going to make them out of will hold up against the temps or worst case scenario I will use them to make a mold and cast them out of aluminum or something stronger than plastic it will be an experiment.

Aluminum might not work well. It needs some flex in order to snap it on and off.