Withilt

I tried to search first, but it wasn't that helpful. Anyways, I've got a 4T60E that, when cold, doesn't like to shift from 2nd to 3rd. When manually placed in those gears, there is still some hesitation, and when it warms up, the problem becomes less frequent. The transmission was rebuilt at 172,000, and currently has around 114,000 on it after the rebuild...it does not throw any codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated, is this might determine the fate of its outcome...(daily driver to parked).

Can't help you with a solution, but just thought I'd let you know you're not alone!

I've got the vacuum version of the same (TH440T4/4T60). 230k miles, never been rebuilt. Doesn't like to shift from 2nd to 3rd when cold. Although mine, when it warms up (after idling 10-minutes or driving a couple blocks), it's 100% fine afterwards till it cools down again. It's been this way for 13-years. I still daily drive it since it's just a minor nuisance in Spring/Fall and is completely fine in Summer. Too much of a hassle to mess with it in winter.

Hope I'm wrong, but I always just figured some bands/clutches probably worn below tolerance. Which would mean probably a rebuild/replacement is needed to fix it, which is why I just live with it and am driving it till it quits. If you find a cheap/easy fix, please reply back with your solution.