Engine/Trans mounts w/ pics

Deacon

After my earlier success with the passenger door handle. I really felt froggy and decided to tackle the engine and transmission mounts in my '95 GP SE.

I got it done, it took me 2 days and a lot of praying and cussing (at the car), but I got it done.

This is what the Engine mount looked like when I got in there.

142222356359257.jpg

Here is a photo of some of what I pulled out of the pan the mount sits in.

5a1869356359335.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of the new and old mounts side by side. Keep in mind this has been sitting in there for 19 years. :Yikes_anim:

ae2c3a356359297.jpg

222ba6356359313.jpg

d8139a356359275.jpg

Needless to say, after 2 days of working on this and several trips to Harbor Freight tools, I got them both in.:high5:

It is SOOOOOO nice to not feel the dash vibrate when I'm driving. It feels like when I first got the car.

Now I can hear all the other noises in the car I need to repair. :bang::smilielol:

After I got the trans mount out, I realized I didn't really need to replace it as it is a solid piece of rubber and not the crappy hydraulic on that was on the engine mount. Since I already was doing the other one, I decided to just go ahead and take care of the trans mount too.