Cowl removal for 98 lumina?

dodgethis

W-body family,

Hey would anyone have a diagram showing what to pull out in order to remove the cowl cover? I had my windshield replaced, and found that the hose that connects to a T fitting is disconnected. I have wash fluid being wasted due to the disconnected hose.

Thanks guys!

Rob

Ok,

I have researched more about why I am dumping washer fluid under the car. I have found the problem. The plastic nipple that connects to the hose to the wiper arms has broken off.

post-3822-143689168148_thumb.jpg

I am going to remove the wiper arm to pull the plastic cowl, and to have access to remove the electrical connector with the plastic hose port embedded with the connector. Why GM? why would you incorporate washer fluid hose fitting with a electrical connector?

post-3822-143689168151_thumb.jpg

I have this same issue, right now I just took the reservoir out and plugged the line. It seems you have to replace that entire little module because there is a chunk of silicone? holding a plastic connector piece through. I meant to post something about it then but I got a squeegee instead and it gets the entire windshield.

I have this same issue, right now I just took the reservoir out and plugged the line. It seems you have to replace that entire little module because there is a chunk of silicone? holding a plastic connector piece through. I meant to post something about it then but I got a squeegee instead and it gets the entire windshield.

Well I fixed the problem. Instead of trying to remove the wiper arms and pulling off the cowl cover. I was going to consider drilling a hole, and buying a small plastic connector to fit through the hole and hook the hoses together. I found a existing hole from a bracket that was holding the wiring loom to the device in the picture. I used that access to hook up the hoses together. It was a cheap $4.00 part to hook the hoses together.

I'll post some pictures to show what I did.

Pulling off the wiper arm is interesting as I understand it has splines, and a puller is needed to get it to release.