Dan's 1990 TGP Take 2

Heartbeat1991

Yeah I can probably put it in a bubble mailer. No idea how much money it'll run. $5 + shipping, you cover fees? Post office is closed today ( holiday) can get it figured out tomorrow.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I registered the car yesterday and took it on a short trip. It still needs a couple parts that I am waiting on, but it's just about ready to hit the auction. I sent the cluster out to Robert Saar for his expert repairs. Hopefully it will be complete soon.

The car is listed on ebay now. All I am waiting on is the wastegate actuator, which will hopefully get here before the auction is over. If anyone else has one they wouldn't mind selling, let me know. I haven't heard from the other guy in a while, and I can only contact him through PM. If he doesn't log on, he doesn't get my messages. Thanks.

He is not too far from me, He said I could have it. (KillinPrixs). I told him I would cover the shipping, but he never go back to me with the total. He's only about 150 miles from me. Tell me what you want for it. I need to put one on the car. The only one I have has a melted diaphragm from the fire.

azezu5y4.jpg

You'll have to extend your vacuum line a couple inches because the vacuum port is on the other side, but it'll work just fine, I used this on my TGP before. It's from a turbo sunbird. $15+ shipping?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Jon. I'll make sure to point that out to the new owner too. Don't try to make the car fly. ;-)

Thanks, Matt. If you need more money towards it, let me know.

Since mine didn't sell on eBay, I ordered new tires, and have started to repair the small amount of body work it needed. I will re-list it in a week or so.

So I have done a couple more things to the car in order to get a better sale price for it. A couple people looked at it and were turned off by the way it drove on the old junk tires. So I bought 4 new tires for it. Since I was changing them, I pulled them off the rims this morning, and sanded and polished up the rims a little. I also stripped the paint off the hood and fixed the couple dings in it. I hope to have it painted this week. I'm also painting the faded roof and trunk. Depending on how the color matches the rest, I may go ahead and just paint the whole car. We will see. I hope to have it re-listed on eBay by the weekend.

Sanded :

post-9474-143689169282_thumb.jpg

Polished :

post-9474-143689169324_thumb.jpg

So, I got the new tires on. I put the wastegate actuator on. I had to pull the down pipe off and fix a broken bolt that was causing an exhaust leak. I decided that since I had polished up the wheel lips, I would repaint the center caps too. Also in the process of fixing a few small dings on the hood. I plan to have it painted by early next week.

post-9474-14368916958_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689169593_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689169605_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689169617_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689169629_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689169641_thumb.jpg

post-9474-143689169561_thumb.jpg

With all the work you are putting it that TGP just keep it!

Those rims turned out great.

If it doesn't sell for what I want for it, I will. But I have a buyer lined up already, and i prefer the other one I am planning to buy. It's a tough call.