Need Advise (Body and Window Stripping)

Mstg007

post-7802-143689165478_thumb.jpg

I am having some body issues with this 94. Was wondering about the following:

How can I replace the weather stripping around the exterior windshield and where could I get a replacement?

Behind the Wheel where the bumper meets the rear quarter panel, what can I do (I am not a body guy), to some what fix or hide the damage from the rust? I also have this on the other side as well.

Other than that, I have a fast top that goes down but closing the roof takes awhile. I have read that I just need to fill it with AT fluid while the top is down, then leave the cap off, cycle it a few times (gets the air out), then tighten the lid cap, cycle it a few times more, and I should be good to go.

Thanks for any help! Much Appreciated!

post-7802-143689165465_thumb.jpg

The weather-stripping should be replaceable, I had my windshield vandalized years ago and when I got the new glass from the JY a specialized auto glass shop had it in stock. So a replacement glass shop would be my starting point in searching for it again.

You will need to remove your rear bumper cover and find out the extent of rust, just from looking at it in the pics that area will need to be sanded down to bare metal or that section cut out and a new panel welded in, then a re prime, re paint and re clear and a hope that whatever shop did the job that it wont show two weeks later. IIRC the front bumper cover is held on by a series of 8mm or 10mm bolts so I doubt the rear is any different. Surprisingly I have never taken mine off and now that doesn't sit well with me. :shrug:

How attached are you to the factory color?

Let me read into the convertible section and Ill get back to you.

I don't see anything about the procedure you described, sounds like bleeding the system to me.

Inspect if the lift cylinders are coordinated in their movement, if one is slower than the other then replace the slow one. If both mover the exact same way then it looks as if you will need to test the pressure at your pump. That procedure calls for removal of the pump, plugging one of the ports and testing each port for a PSI of 340 to 380 with a terminal voltage of 9.5V to 11V. If either port reads outside those numbers then you need a new pump.

This is all info relevant to 1994 so newer techniques and procedures have probably since been developed.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your car! Just getting ready to take mine in for the windshield stripping at our local glass shop also-hope they can do a nice job. They all seem to exactly what yours did. Fortunately I work at a body shop and just had my rear quarter rust repairs completed a couple of weeks ago. Nothing makes you sadder than to see that rust popping through. It was a quick and painless repair! As for your top issue, my GM Olds mechanic told me that you should be closing the top with the car running--helps everything work better. You may have already known that, but just in case!!! :biggrin:

They had to remove the back bumper, cut out the rust and add metal. Passenger side was showing and the drivers side was still hidden under the bumper. Saw it after bumper removal. If you are as picky as I am about my car and not skilled I could see this being not a beginner project. Here's a couple of pics of mine during repair....and after

post-8698-14368916705_thumb.jpg

post-8698-143689167059_thumb.jpg

post-8698-143689167066_thumb.jpg