New guy from Utah!

Lumina_of_doomina

Hello! I've had my W-body (a '94 Chevy Lumina Euro 3.1L) for about a year now. I just barely registered here, but I've visited this forum quite often and found it to be very useful.

This is my car:

post-10849-143689164434_thumb.jpg

It's my first car, and I love it! I've added a Thrush muffler and keyless entry, and I'm considering either modifying my stock air intake, or getting an aftermarket one. Advice/ suggestions for air intake and any other mods would be appreciated!

Do you have any videos of the exhaust?

No, but I'll try to get one soon.

Car looks pretty clean! If you're going to keep it a while and/or mod it, you should do a red 4 door Z, that'd look hawt! Welcome!

Thanks! You mean like a razzi body kit that has the front bumper/ air dam that makes it look like a Z34? I've been looking at those, but it would be a while until I could buy one. (I'm a 17 year old kid who makes $7.25/ hr, so I'm financially limited to cheaper mods for now.) Though once I finish college and get a nice salary, I hope to still have this car so I can get a body kit and drop a better engine/ tranny in it. ;)

No, but I'll try to get one soon.

Thanks! You mean like a razzi body kit that has the front bumper/ air dam that makes it look like a Z34? I've been looking at those, but it would be a while until I could buy one. (I'm a 17 year old kid who makes $7.25/ hr, so I'm financially limited to cheaper mods for now.) Though once I finish college and get a nice salary, I hope to still have this car so I can get a body kit and drop a better engine/ tranny in it. ;)

I was actually talking about using an actual Z body kit and modifying it to fit. Probably way cheaper, just a matter of finding good parts in yards. I've seen 2 in person and they look amazing. Let me see if I can find a picture of Jay's 4door Z

he was going to sell it but then decided against it:

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/44542-1992-4-door-z34-MAKE-OFFER*****

assShot.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

A guy named Brad had one as well, but I haven't seen or heard from him in probably 6 or 7 years now. both of these cars I have seen in person and looked even better than in the pics

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/15262-4-Door-Z34

Welcome! Looks like a clean car you have.
Man that looks gorgeous. Welcome!

Thanks!

I was actually talking about using an actual Z body kit and modifying it to fit. Probably way cheaper, just a matter of finding good parts in yards. I've seen 2 in person and they look amazing. Let me see if I can find a picture of Jay's 4door Z

Wow! Those do look amazing! I never thought of that before- I'll definitely start looking. That's much more financially achievable for me.

I was lurking through the member's rides section last night and saw some guy (forgot his username) who had Z34 grilles and aftermarket rims on his euros. (They looked freakin' hot!) I looked up Z34 grilles on Ebay and found one for $18 that was even the right color, so I bought it.

Does anyone have suggestions/ ideas for plasti dipping my rims? I want to spice them up a bit, but I have no idea what color(s)/ design I should do.

A guy named Brad had one as well, but I haven't seen or heard from him in probably 6 or 7 years now. both of these cars I have seen in person and looked even better than in the pics

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/15262-4-Door-Z34

Brad sold his probably 6-7 years ago. My buddy took this picture in Wisconsin in '09, but the newest owner put on the hideous Grand Am spoiler :lol: Brad had the Z34 one.

5155_1136988595785_7741381_n.jpg?oh=86d457b5b79f77ce23fbc795b84af6a4&oe=544E3E34&__gda__=1412946985_7de42a03e533608243f967c98acd9523

I had the Z34 grille on mine that was black for the longest time, and I eventually had it painted.

216082_502518289365_3731_n.jpg?oh=f04768a3797a835e3321abaf26999fda&oe=543ECE46&__gda__=1413225414_c5f32f2aa91d69407ed8daa9330c0cce

One thing about doing the Z34 bumpers, you will need Razzi/some other kind of side skirts. The Z34 ones are too short since they're for a coupe

One thing about doing the Z34 bumpers, you will need Razzi/some other kind of side skirts. The Z34 ones are too short since they're for a coupe

Good to know- thanks for the tip! I really like that Z34 grille on yours! I'm glad I bought that one on ebay.

No problem bud. Did you find it in red? How about the turn signal lights? Those are Z34 specific as well, and 10 years ago it took me forevvvver to find a pair.

No problem bud. Did you find it in red? How about the turn signal lights? Those are Z34 specific as well, and 10 years ago it took me forevvvver to find a pair.

Yep, same color. I thought the turn signal lights would be a direct drop in. I guess I'll look those up now... Are the stock ones too big for the Z34 grille?

If I can't find them, I recall seeing a mod that relocated the turn signal to the other lights, so I could do that as long as it isn't over my head difficulty wise.

Nice! Always good to find something the same color, one less to-do later on haha.

Yeah, the base/Euro grille lights are too big, and not contoured to fit Z34 grille slots. I found a couple pictures of mine

HPIM1680.jpg

HPIM1681.jpg

Otherwise I can try to find mine, I kept them both when I sold the car. The grille is on my desk at home, can't remember what I did with the lights. Hopefully they're not packed away in storage.

I had no idea they were that different! Thanks for the pics- It's helpful to know what I'm looking for. Any suggestions on where to find some? I've searched Ebay, Amazon, and Craigslist.

EDIT: I found some on Ebay using google shopping, but people are selling them for $20-30 per light, and most of them are hazy or cracked. That's nuts!

I also found this- Do you think it would be a good option if I can't find the Z34 lights? I may also try making my own- I don't think it would be hard, and I already have clear polycarbonate I could use.

Edited by Lumina_of_doomina

I think I found mine on Ebay, but it took some time to find some. I think I paid somewhere around $30-40 for the pair, just because I was tired of looking hah.

I'm not too sure about those lights, I don't really know a lot about electrical type stuff :lol: that'd be a question to post in probably the General section

I think I found mine on Ebay, but it took some time to find some. I think I paid somewhere around $30-40 for the pair, just because I was tired of looking hah.

I'm not too sure about those lights, I don't really know a lot about electrical type stuff :lol: that'd be a question to post in probably the General section

Ok. I think I'll just keep checking ebay for a reasonable price then. (Unless I get impatient, in which case I'll try something else :lol:).

Love your user name, and I learned how to drive on a red 94 Euro! Such nostalgia, so memories!

Thanks! I got my learner's permit hours in this car!

Update: I installed the Z34 grille today. I just relocated the signal lights to those reflectors on the side since I couldn't find Z34 lights.

post-10849-143689165661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lumina_of_doomina