Well, This sucks . ..

Heartbeat1991

I've never heard of such a problem, and I feel terrible for you. The only good thing could be that you didn't get too far with the part out of the other one. I certainly won't hold it against you to go that route

i wwouldn't hold it against you either. And yes I was using the same type of accumulator when it blew out in my driveway... That is why I had to get a spare housing from got2bgm because it took the threads with it... Quite a noise when that thing blew out of there...

Maybe It wasn't screwed on tight enough? I've had one for several years with no issue at all.

Regardless, I've come VERY close to loosing both of the TGPs I've had to fire. Which reminds me, my Red TGP is due for a new extinguisher.

I'll be putting the head shield back over my PMIII, PRONTO.

I'd be beside myself, man. That's a rough loss :(

Maybe It wasn't screwed on tight enough? I've had one for several years with no issue at all.

Regardless, I've come VERY close to loosing both of the TGPs I've had to fire. Which reminds me, my Red TGP is due for a new extinguisher.

Yeah, there was no heat shield on it when I got it. I had taken one off the parts car just a couple days ago, I hadn't had time to put it one yet. Now that you've mentioned it, I bet that would have saved it. Dang. . .

It was screwed on as tight as it possibly could go. The Hydac ones only grab about the first 2 threads. Like Luke said, it took a couple threads with it. I will grab a pic of the PMIII tomorrow. I took it off yesterday.

It's kinda rough. . .It's only a car, but I had wanted one for quite a few years. It was pretty darn solid. And I had put a lot or work into getting it back to new condition. Nothing I can do but save what little is left.

On the bright side for as few of these cars that have to be left by now they are still very cheap and oddly plentiful.

On the bright side for as few of these cars that have to be left by now they are still very cheap and oddly plentiful.

And now there's one less out there, so the rest of them just jumped in value by $10. :lol:

As I said in the other thread, sorry about your misfortune. :(

It's possible it was overtightened as well. It's not hard to tighten them too much if you use the size wrench necessary to fit on the nut on the hydac units. Large wrench means you're likely putting more force on it than you realize. Then there's always the possibility that the threads were already weakened when someone else previously removed or installed another accumulator.

Edited by mfewtrail

As I said in the other thread, sorry about your misfortune. :(

It's possible it was overtightened as well. It's not hard to tighten them too much if you use the size wrench necessary to fit on the nut on the hydac units. Large wrench means you're likely putting more force on it than you realize. Then there's always the possibility that the threads were already weakened when someone else previously removed or installed another accumulator.

It's possible, but the hydac has no nut. The accumulator that came off of it was OEM. I used an oil filter band to put it on.

It's possible, but the hydac has no nut. The accumulator that came off of it was OEM. I used an oil filter band to put it on.

The one I have has a nut just above where it threads in. When I get some spare time, I might remove mine just to see if the thread length is any different in comparison to the ones they now sell.

Yes, there is a nut there, But I didn't use that. I thick I posted pics of the difference for you once. I still have them both. I will measure them tomorrow.