Won't shift or pick up rpm

gambler87

I just did a 97 wiring harness swap into my 96 Gtp. And now I'm getting a slight backfiring through the intake at anything over half throttle, it won't shift into 3rd or 4th. And won't go any higher then 65mph. And I also can't move my electric seat anymore and have no blower motor for heat. I have all my gauges and my radio work still. It also doesn't rev over 4500rpm

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by gambler87

Do u know what they are supposed to ohm out at. I'm getting no misfire codes and my data logger is showing no misfires either

I dont kno the ohmage, i just pull one wire at a time and start it to check spark. Im old skool so i wouldnt kno what to do with a datalogue lol. Post it tho, mebbe one of the code junkies can help :)

Do u know what they are supposed to ohm out at. I'm getting no misfire codes and my data logger is showing no misfires either

Well I had a tps sensor code pop up the other day when I did my first start up. It was plugged in at the time. But I've been having issues reading my DTCs now so I can't tell if it happened again. But the check engine light is on

Id double check the c100 pinouts too

Well I had a tps sensor code pop up the other day when I did my first start up. It was plugged in at the time. But I've been having issues reading my DTCs now so I can't tell if it happened again. But the check engine light is on

I did most of the wiring I was told to do. But I can't find out where the neutral/park wire from the car is supposed to go. And no one has told me if I can run it into a wire on the ecu or if it has to go all the way to the connector on the trans.

Wait...is ur car pegged out at 4000 rpms?

I did most of the wiring I was told to do. But I can't find out where the neutral/park wire from the car is supposed to go. And no one has told me if I can run it into a wire on the ecu or if it has to go all the way to the connector on the trans.

If I floor it and hold it. It will not rev over 4500rpm holding it at wide open throttle and it will not auto shift into anything gear but first and second

Ok we just found ur issue :) run the park/neutral wire to pcm. Par

If I floor it and hold it. It will not rev over 4500rpm holding it at wide open throttle and it will not auto shift into anything gear but first and second

OK. I should be able to look at the pinouts and figure that out. Would a back probe the wire going into the PCM then? Then I would be getting feed from the trans to go to the car

Yeah pcm just needs to need to kno its outta park :)

OK. I should be able to look at the pinouts and figure that out. Would a back probe the wire going into the PCM then? Then I would be getting feed from the trans to go to the car

Alright I think I have a handle on this wiring issue. Can anyone tell me where the stoplamp/torque converter clutch switch is. And also I need to know what plug in on the trans, the park/neutral switch signal wire goes to. Thanks

This what you're looking for is the one that the brake pedal depresses. And the neutral safety switch is mounted to the transmission Where the cable goes to the arm.

pyja7a9y.jpg

I need connector pinouts for the c111 and c113 (they are the connectors on the neutral safety switch) for a 96-98 wbody of any kind. They all have this same orange/black wire and that is the one causing the PCM to not see what gear the trans is in

So I can't find a orange/black wire on the two trans connectors of the neutral/park safety switch. Does anyone know if 97+ cars figure out neutral/ park differently than pre 97s

The first cavity on that plug in has no ire to it at all. There is a plug in the pin where the wire should go. Does that mean I can still put it there. I wouldn't think so because obviously it is getting it from another source thought the wiring harness

You can check between A and D with a meter and see if the circuit is closed in park and neutral, then put a pin in A. I can't remember for certain but I feel like the 7797 PCM may not have a park/neutral signal. I'd be far more concerned with the wires on the little white plug on the neutral switch as I'm certain those reference the PCM. You can test the theory of it being the Orange/Black wire by manually grounding it and ungrounding it when you move the shifter but Fuel Pressure, and condition of ignition system components aould be wise things to look closely at. I had rev troubles from bad plugs.