Alternator Bracket - L67 Top Swap - 1999 Chevrolet Lumina

3800_LTZ

Hello,

I am finishing up a L67 top swap in my 1999 Chevy Lumina. After everything is back together, I realized I do not have the alternator bracket. The bracket from my original engine does not fit on this application. After look at pictures, I don't even think my alternator has the right mounting points for the bracket to be installed. Is this something I should be concerned about or will it be ok without it?

Any input is greatly appreciated..

thanks

I assume you're talking about the rear brace? I would put one on just for the fact that it should have it.

Though I have run the L67 minus that bracket for short periods without any issues

After doing some searching, it looks like the supercharged w-body's use a different alternator with a mounting post on it for the bracket. It also seems that the bonnevilles use the same alternator as my Lumina, and use a different style bracket on their l67 engines. So to avoid purchasing another alternator at $150 AND a bracket, I just need to find 2 brackets from a bonneville l67 and use the alternator I have.

post-8488-143689154759_thumb.jpg