How does your W-body sound?

RedNightmare

Does she purr like a kitten? Roar like a lion? Neither?

so far its just a slp loudmouth cat-back exhaust.

[video=youtube_share;u0lyu8JmEuo]

Lets hear em!

(if this is the wrong spot for such a thread, sorry!)

Mine sounds like shit at the moment. The stock muffler is bad on the inside, it rattles like a fucking snake at idle...and then rasps like a 13 year old girl.

@ idle = muscle car.

@ 2k-2800 rpm = wild rattle snakes chasing me.

@ WOT = wanna be 3800 SC with my powersteering whine.

Rednightmare that sounds really good for a 3800 engine. My GP sounds like a freakin' beast. My Cutty on the other hand is completely different. It doesn't have the same rumble it's more of smooth tone.

@ idle = muscle car.

@ 2k-2800 rpm = wild rattle snakes chasing me.

@ WOT = wanna be 3800 SC with my powersteering whine.

hahaha! I've heard people driving around like that before...People have asked me not knowing Its supercharged "what is that noise? is your power steering bad?":lol:

94olds: I've had people ask if I got a v8 because of its rumble at idle. I've probably got the 'nicest' sounding 3800 everyone around here either drives around with a nasty exhaust leak, or strait pipes! Your rides sound sweet!!!

My old '03 Monte LS 3400 with a Magnaflow kit' date=' ubend delete

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/nametnom/media/july29041_zpsccd87737.mp4.html

My old '04 Dale Jr Monte SC/SS L67 w/full 3" Stainless Magnaflow Kit, downpipe, ubend delete and HighFlow cat

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/nametnom/media/MVI_1606-1_zps5ad2c2ab.mp4.html[/quote']

Wow that sounds so good!!!!!

On the Jr with the FWI and other work, on the highway if i was over 2500-3000 RPM all i could hear was blower.

I always joked with guys that i had $1200 worth of exhaust on there and had no idea what it sounded like becuase of the blower whine lol.

It sounded mean inside the car just driving around the city, but touch the throttle and get over that certain RPM and it was just pure blower whine.

Still felt the exhaust rumble though. :D

Rednightmare that sounds really good for a 3800 engine. My GP sounds like a freakin' beast. My Cutty on the other hand is completely different. It doesn't have the same rumble it's more of smooth tone.

God I miss the sound of the 60° V6. The 3800 sounds like absolute ass by comparison. At absolute best, they can sound decent at idle, but move the RPMs up some/under load, the sound becomes borderline ricer 4-banger. And before anyone starts with the usual banter, let me just say not only have I owned an L67 for 5 years, but I've also been an active member in the w-body community for over 10 years, a hefty portion of which I've also been active on predominantly Gen II w-body/L67 boards. I have heard phrases ranging anywhere from "but MINE sounds good", to "mine sounds like a V8!!!" many, many times, and what I've found time and time again is that the owner is either A. delusional, B. ignorant to what a V8/good sounding exhausts sounds like, or C. in denial about how his/her car sounds. The 90° designed motors just do not make for good sound.

The 60*V6 cars have a really nice rumble/burble to them with the right exhaust. Even at idle they sound good with a rusted factory exhaust.

Bone stock exhaust, had about 150K at the time, it's rotting out, but sounds decent! Lol. Also, it seems youtube thinks my video was shaky, well letting them try and fix it messed it all up, so pay no mind to the video, just the sound. :lol:

On the Jr with the FWI and other work' date=' on the highway if i was over 2500-3000 RPM all i could hear was blower.

I always joked with guys that i had $1200 worth of exhaust on there and had no idea what it sounded like becuase of the blower whine lol.

It sounded mean inside the car just driving around the city, but touch the throttle and get over that certain RPM and it was just pure blower whine.

Still felt the exhaust rumble though. :D[/quote']

It has to be the best sound in the world!!! Paired with a CAI to add a little extra whistle to the whine. *drool*

95LQ1VERT: sounds nice and smooth :)

MONTECARLODUDE: nice!

I still find it odd how nice your guys w-bodies are...any 1990-2000 wbodys here are beaten to hell.

It has to be the best sound in the world!!! Paired with a CAI to add a little extra whistle to the whine. *drool*

95LQ1VERT: sounds nice and smooth :)

MONTECARLODUDE: nice!

I still find it odd how nice your guys w-bodies are...any 1990-2000 wbodys here are beaten to hell.

I certainly enjoyed it while i had it. Just didnt drive the car enough ultimately. It was traded in for the Denali.

I might actually hack the muffs off this weekend and test out a complete straight pipe dohc, but I might just put a glasspack on.... Undecided yet

what muffler you running?

I posted it along with the video...its a full SLP Loudmouth cat-back exhaust. Resonator is deleted in the kit so its a little louder.

I might actually hack the muffs off this weekend and test out a complete straight pipe dohc, but I might just put a glasspack on.... Undecided yet

When I ran my DOHC without mufflers or a cat and res. It was way too loud. Not to mention is sounded bad. I went with magnaflow mufflers that are glasspacks and they sound good.