Wiring firewall passthrough location?

2k2cse

I was planning on hooking up my fog lights today, but I couldn't find anywhere in the firewall to squeeze the wires through.. Does anyone know where the stock wiring harness goes through the firewall?

Thanks in advance guys.

Hmm. Its two 18 ga and a 20 ga wires.. I might just end up drilling a new hole like white4d96 suggested..or just forget about the switch, and wire them to either come on with the headlights, or to when the key is on :lol:

I was planning on hooking up my fog lights today

I might just ... forget about the switch, and wire them to either come on with the headlights, or to when the key is on

How would you shut off the fog lights when it isn't foggy? Can't be that tough to drill one hole, grommet, RTV for air leaks, and install a switch somewhere.

How would you shut off the fog lights when it isn't foggy? Can't be that tough to drill one hole, grommet, RTV for air leaks, and install a switch somewhere.

Well, they're actually "driving lights" and I bought them to fill in the missing area from my lows and highs seems I do a lot of highway driving at night. I thought it would be just as simple to have them on with the lights automatically seems they'd be on 90% of the time anyways.

There is a hole just below the Alternator. I've used in my my GP and my brothers 2000 for 4ga wiring with plenty of room to spare

I'll take a look for that tomorrow or monday, seems my car currently looks like this:

IMAG0229.jpg

Damn snow..

Well, they're actually "driving lights" and I bought them to fill in the missing area from my lows and highs seems I do a lot of highway driving at night. I thought it would be just as simple to have them on with the lights automatically seems they'd be on 90% of the time anyways.

Even worse. Have some respect and courtesy for the other drivers you're sharing the road with. You DO NOT need four headlights 90% of the time (and you don't need any when it's daytime.)

At night, if there's oncoming traffic, or you can see taillights reasonably close ahead of you, use low-beams ONLY.

Upper left side of the firewall is the c100 connector. It's sealed so best not to use that hole. On the other side there is a square connector below the brake booster but that is pretty much sealed up too. For you fancy automatic folk, you can use the spot where the clutch master cylinder is suppose to go. It is just to the right of the brake booster and will have a foam plug in it.

Enough about when to use and not use said lights. Laws differ between countries and sometimes people will go against the law and that is their choice.

Keep this back on topic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This is one of my worst videos because I have back problems and they were acting up and my phone didn't take it in high definition, but you should be able to get the point of where to run the wires through.

[video=youtube;-K_UY2OFNUk]

Thanks for the tips guys, I really appreciate it.

I hooked them up temporarily today with a relay, using my park lights as a signal source. I plan on running a switch as soon as the weather gets above freezing. I'm going to have to make a custom harness anyways, as the one that came with it was way too short to reach where I wanted to put the switch anyways :(