Muti function switch

emb1230

I thought it was just the later ones that had this problem. Just discovered today that on the 89 Regal that we have to wiggle it to get the rear Driver side turn signal/brake lights to work. Front turn signal works but wont's flash when the rear ones aren't lighting up (I know that's the tell tale that a bulb is burnt out on these older GM's).

Erm nope my 93 had the same problem. Gunked up and the switch was starting to burn up. I opted to replace it, but I've heard it's easy / effective to just pull the wheel and clean it out.

Sorry for the late response... Here's what I've heard will work. The switch is behind the wheel, so you have to pull it (easy-peasy. The 94+ w-bodies have more steps. The 93- are just a bolt and a puller).

Clean out all the old grease, and bend the metal prongs that aren't making contact anymore back so that they do. Throw some more dielectric grease in there. Reassemble.

On mine, the switch was *actually slowly destroying itself*. The metal prongs were burning holes in themselves, so I opted to replace.