Trouble w/cooling system

Laveen Z34

Changed the radiator since it had a crack. Band new. all hoses replaced including t-stat. flushed and refilled with both bleeders open and engine off. no coolant leaked out of either bleeders and coolant level at filler neck already. closed bleeders and engine turned on with heater on MAX. Bleeders opened again and right away coolant leaked out from the one close to the brake booster, the one by the block/t-stat housing - none. After few minutes, RPM goes up and down and coolant pushing out of filler neck and puking it out in massive content. Turned off engine. What's the problem here? is it lower intake gasket? or do i need to back flush?:( and Service Engine Soon light now is on...

I think when you bleed the system, the way I did it just on Sunday. Fill the rad and the overflow. Put the cap back on. Run hot, shut off, and bleed thermostat has to open in order to bleed the thermostat housing. The other bleeder should be the water pump bleeder. Bleed that first, then after the car reaches normal operating temp, (thermostat open) bleed the thermostat housing.

was it an AutoZone T stat? sounds like it could be blocked or stuck..I had many problems with em from there at my shop..just a thought

I had similar problems with my LQ1 a year ago. Turned out the water pump was not moving water all that well, leading to pockets of overheated water in the system, and an inability to "burp" the system.

Well, I am done of beating my head against the wall and expenses mounting up. My car has 175K, body is 9/10 - paint is all it needs, tires with about 75% thread left and interior is something I can turn into something, tranny no problem that I can think or feel - it shifts smoothly on each gear. I'm taking it in to the shop and have 'em check them out. 1st stage to fix - gaskets, water pump, timing belt, and cooling system and possibly new plugs and wires since I see that it's still stock wires.

I think you're premature. it takes a bit to get the system bleed, and sometimes you have to keep trying and repeat. keep your eye on the temp gauge while you do it, too.

fill with fluid run car with heat on high till it starts getting hot. Stop. pop hood, and crank a bleeder valve (both) close them when it stops spraying out then repeat 2-3 times. When i first fill a car up i used a 2 ltr bottle to keep the coolant higher then the motor. And have someone squeeze the return hose to get bubbles out!

• 4 weeks later...