Impala LSX?

AL

I saw this in the hospital parking lot and I have never seen anything like it... It was a column shift car also... Is this for real or just someone throwing decals at an Impy? The taillight panel is what gets me

IMG00046-20110424-1808.jpg

IMG00047-20110424-1808.jpg

IMG00048-20110424-1808.jpg

Probably another dreamer trying to add 250 hp with an LSX badge. I doubt they were trying to fool you with a trim line... They are trying to fool you into thinking there is an LSX motor in the car hahaha fat chance.

Is it the L67?

Doesn't look all that bad, but nothing that justifies the LSX badges. Not like its screaming performance.

The black one AL posted doesn't look to have the polished wheels.

Although it isn't mentioned on their website, you can also order the grill for $265.

I'm guessing this entire kit costs well over $1500, and the only REMOTELY performance related part is the cold air intake.

It's probably a 3400, but I'm not sure. They did have 3800 column shifted Impalas that weren't police cars. The wheels look polished to me, just very dirty :lol:

I REALLY don't like what they did with the trunk. The grill is alright but the rest of this kit is literally badges, dual exhaust tips, spoiler, chrome wheels and cold air intake. :lol:

The definition of rice seems to differ between people. To me it's making it seem like a car has a lot of performance mods when in reality it's all show.

Edited by virtuetovice

I like the other trunk panel version that you see on Impy's. You know, the one that's painted body color as well, but retains the same size reflector/ reverse lights instead of painting over the reflector; a la "the corvette-ish" rear panel.

I like the grill, not crazy about the decklid facia. I too like the painted one (Corvette-ish) facia/light panel better on the Imp. The dual exhaust and such is a nice touch also.. I can kinda see the appeal of that package. Trying not to be so ho-hum run of the mill Impala LS. I give them credit for that. Oh and bonus points on the column shifter :biggrin:

It was def done to a base Impala. Column shift and no fog lights. Would like to get the grill. Rear looks horrible. The LS Sport had the tail light covers that were painted same as the body color along with different cluster, and some interior Impala badges on seats and doors.

It was def done to a base Impala. Column shift and no fog lights. Would like to get the grill. Rear looks horrible. The LS Sport had the tail light covers that were painted same as the body color along with different cluster, and some interior Impala badges on seats and doors.

Not completely true. The body colored tail light panel was an option. There were no impala badges in the seats or doors. And in 04-05 there was an optional sport cluster that had a 140mph speedo on it.

Correct, and it was called an LS Sport. And it came out in 03. You got the 140 SS(monte carlo) cluster, front bumper lip that was on the SS the next year, tail light covers, different dash trim, door panels had the Impala badge, and wheels. The SS then the next year got different spoiler, L67, grill, cluster with the boost guage, and i believe SS inplace of the impala badge on door panels.

Edited by Nick1234

I haven't seen one of these in a long long time. I always thought they came with the Sport taillights, I guess I was wrong. That rear end looks like ass with the stock tail lamps.

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is kinda old but I got one of the tail panels for the LSX it has "LSX" in the spot were the stage1 one should be at.

My guess it was from a base LSX without supercharger I know the color does not match (It's not mounted anyways)

Yes it is for sale too, you can find it on ebay. Galaxy silver in color. includes the LH & RH cover as a free bonus.

post-8447-143689129663_thumb.jpg

So its a plain old impala with monte rims & a SLP grille insert & the LSX emblem that comes with it all over the place. If it really was true...atleast get some nice exhaust tips that are not the cheap ones from autozone!

Yeah the Impala and Monte Carlo's that were done up by SLP were lame(compared to at least the Regal and GP). I don't know a whole lot about them, but I don't think any performance goodies were added besides exhaust. The Monte Carlo LSX's were all 3400 cars. The Impala's could have been done with the L36 I think, though.

Yeah the Impala and Monte Carlo's that were done up by SLP were lame(compared to at least the Regal and GP). I don't know a whole lot about them, but I don't think any performance goodies were added besides exhaust. The Monte Carlo LSX's were all 3400 cars. The Impala's could have been done with the L36 I think, though.

Some did have the l36 & l67. I got to hear the difference between my monte and another co-worker's impala with the l67 once before...had a shitty K&n*cough cough* HOT air *cough* intake, and just flowmaster mufflers & no resonator delete. It had so much rasp to it!! Sounded horrific! I'd hate to say it but a fart can Subaru sounded better than it..