The regal got new seats!

alec_b

I don't have proper installed pics yet, it was dark just as I was finishing up the conditioning. I was at the u-pull this afternoon and happened to come across an CS International, mostly intact, with this on the inside:

post-4737-143689053401_thumb.jpg

Needless to say I had to jump on these. Of course, I didn't have the proper sockets with me to remove the front seats, so I removed the rears drove home dropped them off and came back for the fronts.

They were a bit dirty but in I'd say B+ condition. There is some vinyl separating on the front seats but it looks like I can glue that back on somehow. The back seat is in GREAT shape, just a little sun fading on the top. The car itself was pretty clean, possibly southern.

I also grabbed the shift handle out of it, I like the feel better than the club the regal came with. The car had a UB3 cluster and DIC that were there as well.

Grand total for all the seats, including $2 to get in? 46 bucks and change. Super win!

I agree. Too bad I'm not using all the air functions... that would have been cool I just didn't feel like pulling all the required stuff to make it work.

They really are a joy to sit in though. Much better than the old ones.

I agree. Too bad I'm not using all the air functions... that would have been cool I just didn't feel like pulling all the required stuff to make it work.

They really are a joy to sit in though. Much better than the old ones.

are you kidding? that shit is easy as it is 90% self contained in the seats.... wait, do you have a center console?

Sorry no installed pics yet, been busy.

I didn't install the air portion of the seat for several reasons. One was lack of time to pull everything nicely. Two was the switch on the console has an up curve in the rear to follow the contour of the console. The regal is flat. I didn't feel like trying to integrate it. It would have been very cool, but not worth it (to me). I did however cut some of the harness pigtail on the drivers side so if I ever wanted to I could install the air system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...