Lumina Digital Police Cluster

cubsfan24

well, it's essentially a tachometer for the fan, but i'm not sure if it is normally held high and goes low when the pole/reluctor goes past it's sensor, or if it's reversed...

the cluster wants to supply voltage to the circuit, and whenever the circuit is grounded, it will react as if the ECM is switching the ground in a 4K PPM circuit.

if the fan grounds, then it's pretty much all ready to do some damage, but if it goes high, then i'm not sure what the simplest option would be to flip the states...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• urbex

• RobertISaar

• dodgethis

• GnatGoSplat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

My cluster is currently driving at 158 MPH advancing my mileage. Using a small computer fan that spins really fast. Connect the yellow wire from fan to green VSS wire on cluster. Power fan and cluster with 12 volts. Although its going to take 28 days to advance 110k. Think I am going to just get to 60k instead of 160k so all i have to do is add a 1 in front of the mileage.

• 1 year later...

Great...ran into another problem. Both connectors on the cluster and the cubby hole switch have male ends. How in the hell am I supposed to plug them into each other?

• 7 months later...
Great...ran into another problem. Both connectors on the cluster and the cubby hole switch have male ends. How in the hell am I supposed to plug them into each other?

That is my issue as well dude!

I actually have the cubbyhole switch and have NOWHERE to plug it in on my 9C3 Lumina. Harness was fooled with by NYPD when they owned it and they took my original cluster and put in an analog years ago. When I bought mine i replaced it with another UB3 cluster and just last week I finally found a cubbyhole switch. Does anybody know where to connect the switch wires to on my cluster wiring harness? Cluster works fine just want to be able to use my trip meter and shutoff my display (surveilance mode). If anybody knows what wires on the main cluster harness to tap in the 5 wires coming out of the cubbyhole switch, PLEASE let me know. Paid 50 for the switch, I'd like to be able to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the wiring diagram for the cluster. http://imageshack.us/f/138/clusterm.jpg/

Just have to connect the wires from the cluster to the switch. When you installed your new cluster did you just plug the cluster into the stock connectors or did you have to modify it? If you just plugged in both connectors on the cluster than the switch wires should be tucked away somewhere. Otherwise just run new wires from the switch to the cluster using the wiring diagram.

Here is the wiring diagram for the cluster. http://imageshack.us/f/138/clusterm.jpg/

Just have to connect the wires from the cluster to the switch. When you installed your new cluster did you just plug the cluster into the stock connectors or did you have to modify it? If you just plugged in both connectors on the cluster than the switch wires should be tucked away somewhere. Otherwise just run new wires from the switch to the cluster using the wiring diagram.

Thanks dude!

I figured out what wires to splice to what to jump that male plug. PM me if you want me to show you. I now have my factory cubbyhole switch running all the functions it's supposed to. I've lost my cell phone holder but gained my trip meter, reset and black out function.

Ha ha, so I'm not the only one that uses that as a cell phone holder then? :lol: I actually got a harness from another member here, and a few months back I found a police car in the jy that I took all the wires from under the dash, so I should be good to go, just have to actually tear it apart and get at it then.

Thanks though!

Ha ha, so I'm not the only one that uses that as a cell phone holder then? :lol: I actually got a harness from another member here, and a few months back I found a police car in the jy that I took all the wires from under the dash, so I should be good to go, just have to actually tear it apart and get at it then.

Thanks though!

NP Good luck!