• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 94GPGTP

• RobertISaar

• Jonpro03

• GOT2B GM

Yes sir. I'm in limp mode. How safe is it to drive in limp mode?? I'm 30 miles from home and I had to drive it 5 miles in limp mode to get where I'm at.

safe? should be fairly safe assuming you're using the stock MEMCAL, or you keep it the hell away from boost with a regular 3.1 MEMCAL. limp mode dumps a LOT of fuel and has very little advance. no TCC lockup either.

Swapped the chip back to my reiable one and back to normal for now.. I added seafoam to the tranny oil to help loosen things up.. It is soo hard to shift gears its not funny..

I also added 3 Gallons of 110 Octane Race fuel to a full tank of 93 Octane today.. Man i love the smell of race fuel.. :burnout: :lol: :high5:

Heres a video of LIMP MODE..

Well.... My FFP coilovers are rebuilt.. I reused the upper mounts and coils.. I got new Sleeves and adjuster nuts and struts.. My New Trailing arms came in today as well.. Love Them!! BEEFY! I guess im going to get gen 2 lateral links as well..

So i have progress pics on swapping everything over..

1. Start with old FFP Coilovers

DSCN0398.jpg

2. Get New Struts, Sleeves, Adjuster Nuts

DSCN0400.jpg

3. Sleeve Doesn't Fit Strut

DSCN0401.jpg

4. Grind The Welded In Nut And Little Of The Weld For Clearance For The Sleeve

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

(I guess i bought the wrong sleeves and had to get them bored out.. This is what they look like after bore job.)

DSCN0404.jpg

Saturday night i got bored and started buffing the TGP.. I started on the DS fender and Hood.. got both done that night and took about 1.5-2.0 hours.. Sunday after church i immediatly went outside and finished the car.. 5.5-6.0 hours later i ended up with this.. I took the pics in town at a friends house for better scenery.. I hit 129,000 too.. In the middle of the pics it started to rain.. FTMFL after the detail.. Dont mind my "tips" temp extensions for now until i get a 3" system under there..

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

Got my Gen 2 lateral links today at the Junkyard.. Also when i came home my Poly inserts for the Gen 2 lateral links were at the door..:dance: So i have everything to finally lower the rear of the car.. Im going to burn the bushings out of the lateral links and paint them red either PC or RC.. Ill push the bushings in and get the car ready for dismantling.. Me and steve are going to replace his front suspension this friday/saturday and after that the TGP will get the rear lowered.. I also need to put my SS brakelines on the rear.. Ill get some pics up of the gen 2 laterals and Poly bushings..

I picked up 2 doors from a Black 90 TGP, Front Bumper from the same car and the Louvers.. Got them last night.. Im replacing my doors since the ones on there are JUNK.. they have been repainted and looks crappy and the body panel bracket is gone so my panel flaps around.. Ill be changing the front bumper and doors in the near month..:roll::)

looks great! Wish my paint was 1/2 as nice!

Oh it is.. the grime is actually saving the paint.. My car looked like yours when i got it until i hand washed it and it looked ehhh ok and then i buffed it with 3M cutting compund, then a glaze compund and then wax and she looks like this.. :laugh:

Well its time to attack the rear suspension.. I got the Gen 2 laterals sandblasted and PC'd.. I also installed the ES Poly bushings.. I just started today tearing out all the old rusty crap.. I got the leaf out.. Rear lateral.. And upon getting the nut off the forward lateral i discovered the gas tank need to be dropped.. So i called it quits for today until tomorrow.. Everything has came apart fairly easy.. I have pics of the laterals and trailing arms.. Ill snap some pics of the suspension tomorrow..

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg