3.4l stalls at wot and check engine light comes on

dodgeman

i think if it was the coils, you wouldn't be dying at exactly 4K RPM every time... since the load is quite different at WOT and 4K compared to say 25% throttle and 4K, if the coils were weak then it would occur elsewhere as well...

and if your speed sensor was going/gone, you wouldn't have an accurate/functioning speedometer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dodgeman

• RobertISaar

• tornado_735

• spiderw31

Well, after a lot of phone calls to mechanics and answers from you guys and 100 bucks worth of pars. I finally took the advice of a local mechanic and changed the plugs and wires. This car only has 61000 miles on it. The plugs and wires fixed my prob. They could not explain how it started fine idled perfect and ran perfect up to 4k, but anyway, it was just plugs and wires. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me. Now maybe i can put my digital dash back in.

yea, i dont think they made plugs in the color mine were. lol. and i dont think there was supposed to be green crap up in the plug wires. as far as gap goes, it looks like you could slide a nickle in where you gap it. they were original ac/delco

yeah that'll do it...:laugh:

that green stuff was patina, which is what happens when copper and brass and some other metals oxidize into after they are exposed to moisture... think of it like rust. make sure dielectric grease is used properly and that should never happen again.

sounds like a winner. You, out of everyone else on here has been consistant with answering my novice questions. I would like to thank you for that and not making me feel stupid. I hope you answers for any other questions i have in the future. You are a great asset to this forum.

sounds like a winner. You, out of everyone else on here has been consistant with answering my novice questions. I would like to thank you for that and not making me feel stupid. I hope you answers for any other questions i have in the future. You are a great asset to this forum.

i now feel confident demanding moderator status :laugh:

but seriously, no problem, we all gotta learn somehow.