So what is the parts demand these days (fenders, spoilers, stbs, etc...)?

slick

So, for inquiring minds, when heading to the JY, what is the parts demand these days? I remember being able to strip a car, and pretty much sell everything off. Now it appears that only certain parts are worth pulling.

The yard I started visiting recently has about most any part (hoods, lip tails and spoiler, 89-93 front valence, etc....). However, I'm not going to start pulling stuff that used to pull sales if there is no demand for them.

There are 1, 1.5, and 2 gen's at this yard.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick

• AL

• jeremy

• GOT2B GM

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my step father part out and fix multiple W-body/J-Body vehicles and we have gotten calls about the most random parts. The demand is still high, but the value has declined. However, you can still profit pretty well off of a car. Here is a general breakdown of what we remove if we buy a car for the sole purpose of parting out.

Exterior: Any good body panel that is bolted on (so everything pretty much except the rear quarters) comes off and is stored unless there is rust or dents. With these cars there are so many around that it is not worth the time dealing with something that needs some minor work, as it is worth nothing.

Power train: Obviously motor and trans if they are good. Radiator, cruise control cables (they are always busted when I see them, so grab em if they got them). Rack and pinion also come out.

Suspension: The strut towers come out, along with the CV axles, trailing arms if new (many people get these replaced before the transmission usually ends up taking a shit). I had a guy once ask about a sway bar once so I now take those.

Interior: If the AC switches work, they come out, no questions asked. Airbags are another hot item, easy to sell these on eBay. Radio, speakers if they are not blown (we don't sell many, actually none at all, of the stock ones, but we can get rid of aftermarket ones pretty easily). Also any fancy HUD units or DICs come out, but we don't see many of these because I want one for my 95 GTP and of course because I want it I won't get it. Steering column if the blinker switch is good or if it has RSWC. We also take all the fuses we can take. Besides these, we only remove other interior parts based on if we need them on another vehicle we got sitting out in the yard.

Craigslist is your friend when selling parts, and patience is key. Also, some guy may somewhat lowball you on a part, but you can agree and try to sell him some other parts when he shows up. (For example, a guy offered me 50 bucks on a downpipe for a 3.8 GP. I agree, and when he left my house he spent the 50 on the downpipe and another 250 on a L67 top swap I tore off a motor with a blown lower end that came out of my 350 dollar GTP.)

I would buy a nice set of red euro 3.4 taillamps (not including the reverse section), tan/grey 9c3 lumina recaros, a cutlass hud dimmer, decent oem tan 1st gen front mats....... i'll think of more

I would buy a nice set of red euro 3.4 taillamps (not including the reverse section)

I could check for you if we got some. We used to fix a lot of Euros up until about 2 years ago when they started getting too old. You would of loved this 92 we had. It was white and rust free, and the motor was so clean you could eat off of it. My step dad might have pictures of that, that car was fucking clean. Sold it for 1500 IIRC.

Special Edition/Daytona/40th parts for the 2nd Gens. Specifically the roof rails, SpecEd/Daytona dash pieces/seats, spoiler, exhaust tips, the hood if it wasn't too bulky haha.

I would buy a nice set of red euro 3.4 taillamps (not including the reverse section)

I could check for you if we got some. We used to fix a lot of Euros up until about 2 years ago when they started getting too old. You would of loved this 92 we had. It was white and rust free, and the motor was so clean you could eat off of it. My step dad might have pictures of that, that car was fucking clean. Sold it for 1500 IIRC.

for sure, but it has to be the Euro 3.4 specific tails with the red body color outline vs the black or grey outline

Would the early verts have PM3? Same car, early vert, white leather is in 8/10 shape. Drivers seat side bolster has a crack, but otherwise should clean up nicely. Passenger seat leather is in AWESOME shape, except that something was sitting on the seat, so the foam is pushed in (pull the cover off, replace the foam), backseats just need cleaned.

I can get louvers, lots of them.

Any Z34 parts?

What about GP sedans (1 and 2 gen)?

I haven't seen a 4 door Euro, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

I'll grab the lip tails and spoilers next time I'm there (multiples).

Keep in mind, the prices are not near as cheap as Parts Galore, or Pull-A-Part, so if you want it, you need to be sure that you will pay.

$45/seat.

Next time I go, I'll just snag pictures of everything that I feel is worthwhile.

For people interested, there are a couple of L67's just sitting on the ground. Transmissions are gone though :lol:

I have also been told, you are lucky if you can get a working one.

I was referring to just the cartridge that you load the CDs into, not the changer. Altho I bought a Delco 12 disc changer 2 weeks ago for a spare from the P-N-P by me that works perfect for $12.79 :biggrin:

How about the trim panel for the inside of a 1994 Grand Prix Sedan drivers front door... the upper panel, the one with the spots for the door lock switch bezel & power mirror control knob. Graphite in color.

$45/seat.

Next time I go, I'll just snag pictures of everything that I feel is worthwhile.

For people interested, there are a couple of L67's just sitting on the ground. Transmissions are gone though :lol:

How much can you get for an engine like that typically?