gmrulz4u

Different people treat their vehicles differently. I wouldn't go out purchase an in-car DVD player for $3,000 but I definitely would spend decent money for an outstanding job on bodywork and refinishing. At the moment, I know every single problem with my vehicle and I'm working on fixing each one as soon as I get the time and money to do so. To me simply being able to go from point A to point B isn't enough. If I wanted that I'd take public transportation. Considering I purchased my vehicle for $6,700 I would definitely want it to last another 5 years or so. But like I said, everyone treats their vehicles differently...

Maybe cause I spent $350 on the '89 LOL. But trust me I baby the '90 that took 8 months of pay to purchase back when I was 16!!!

I know, I know...I lost my head...

I appologize to all you guys, you know I love ya'll!!:)

If I didn't love ya so much, I probably wouldn't get so upset!!:)

And NO, not THAT kind of "love"!!:) "Not that there's anything wrong with that!" :lol:

Guest Anonymous
The fact is, 90% of the people using this board, do so because they HAVE to drive a fuckin' W-Body, not because they WANT TO!

Are you saying that you HAVE to drive a w-body? That's funny.... If I had $3000 to spend on a paintjob and $3000 to spend on a DVD player I would've bought the mint low mileage TGP off of ebay awhile back.

Are you saying that you HAVE to drive a w-body? That's funny.... If I had $3000 to spend on a paintjob and $3000 to spend on a DVD player I would've bought the mint low mileage TGP off of ebay awhile back.

No, I'm saying that's the stigma that a lot of users on this Forum seem to have...I WANT to drive a W-Body, and paid with my own hard earned money to do so...

As for what YOU would have done with $6,000, that's great! Me and you aren't the same person...obviously...I'm sure some people would have bought an entirely different car, or went on a vacation, or saved it, or donated it, or spent it on booze and drugs, or 600 visits to the local hooker etc...I didn't know this would turn into a "What would you do if you won the lottery?" discussion...who cares...everyone is different.

I'm just sick of getting the "I only drive a W-Body because that's all I could afford." vibe when reading posts and replies to this board...I mean I'm not the kind of person where the amount of money that I make determines what type of car I drive...or is there some type of flow chart that has type of job in one column and car in the other, such as "McDonalds" = "W-Body" etc...

I wish I had the same deals you had. $350 for a car is a bargain.

Maybe cause I spent $350 on the '89 LOL. But trust me I baby the '90 that took 8 months of pay to purchase back when I was 16!!!