Door wont open

Red95GP

So recently ive been having this problem. My driver side door of my 2dr 95 grand prix wont open. Ive tried unlocking it with my key,remote,lock switch....nothing. Wont open. Its just locked shut. Not sure what to do to get it open. Its getting REAL annoying having to crawl out of the passenger side. I was searching but didnt realy find anything to useful. Oh, and the last time it shut like this, it opened after a little while by itself then I shot it with some WD-40 and 3days later its shut and wont open. Its been 2days now since it shut so im hoping it decides to open soon. Any tips on how to open it if it doesnt open by itself??

samething happened to my 92 gtp. You basically have to take the drivers chair out and take off the door panel from the inside to get to the rods.

I figured. Sucks but I hate crawling over to the passenger side.

samething happened to my 92 gtp. You basically have to take the drivers chair out and take off the door panel from the inside to get to the rods.

I figured. Sucks but I hate crawling over to the passenger side.

I had to do the same thing. I never fixed mine yet though. :lol: Oh well, the GTP is sleeping for the winter now anyways.

I have never had to take a seat out yet lol. I just go to my local yard and scope out the inside of a door of the car that i need and then i just get it somehow.

On that GP If you pull the inside door handle and push and pull on the door it should pop open. One of my clients had a 94 GP and she was constantly having problems with both door handles

Once you open it the adjustment rod is behind a plastic cover in the door jam - at least it was on my Lumina. As for the inside rod I never cared to look at the set up before. I assume you would just bent it so it was longer though.

So I got it open, popped the cover off to expose the rods. I figured I had the twist the thing at the top of the threaded rod. I soaked it in wd40 so it would spin easily. Well, I snapped it off. Not sure what im gonna do now. I think im gonna have to goto a jy and grab the rods off of one.

Will the rods be the same in a 2dr as a 4dr?

Its actually easy. Just roll the window down and take the thing off the top of the window out. that should give u access to the inside of the door. Find the rods and with a long screwdriver just start pushing and pulling them and then the door just opens. No need to rip apart your interior!

Its actually easy. Just roll the window down and take the thing off the top of the window out. that should give u access to the inside of the door. Find the rods and with a long screwdriver just start pushing and pulling them and then the door just opens. No need to rip apart your interior!

sounds a lot easier than what I've heard of ppl doing on this forum i n the past!!

uggghhh, I cant fix this shit. I got a new rod thing from a pre-94 car. Turns out there not the same. Whent back and found a 94-96 car, worked great but the thing is rusted so it wont spin to adjust. The one on the pre-94 car spins freely up and down the threads. Im not sure what I have to replace/fix/adjust to get this thing fixed. Any thoughts?