Convertible Dome Light Switches

j_mezz

• 4 months later...

If they failed the first time, won't they just fail again?

The diode conversion with SPST switches is unlikely to ever fail again and works just as well as the original SPDT switch.

Thanks for these! I got the light out and found the switches missing! Of course I didn't own the car for the first 177K, so they got bypassd and removed along the way somewhere. Enough trial and error and got them wired right, a nice improvement. I'm glad there's a helpful community for these cars. Now if i can just fix all my window/door lock/mirror switch lights!

Dooouugh! Sorry about that Cutloose! I've got a wiring diagram of the whole fixture - it's a home-made paintbrush diagram but it is accurate and could have taken some of the guesswork out of your project! I haven't been including it with all the switches because I've been figuring that most people are just replacing what was there originally. Glad you got em in anyway though, nothing like stuff that works as it should!

For future reference, anyone that needs switches or the diagram - I've got more of both!

• 2 months later...