Removed Pinstriping? Total Debadge?

radman3120

What should I do?  

1. 1. What should I do?

• Remove pinstriping only
    • Remove pinstriping and all other decals
    • Do not remove anything

I say fix the gas door and fix all the dangly shit on the bottom of your car, THEN do the things like tinting the headlights (IMO bad idea) and removing the pinstripe.

haha, the dangly stuff was my ebrake cable that i forgot to reconnect when i did the brakes so when i heard it dragging i just zip-tied it up for the time being. as far as the gas door goes, yea i have to fix that but it should be simple. it opens and closes every time i hit the brakes or make a hard right turn but at least it closes every time.

i was thinking id try the headlight tinting instead of covers because i always liked the covers but figured if i bought them id end up leaving them off because of the hassle and i thought some of the tint said it didn't really restrict light. also, the one i was looking at said i was easily removable. i will probably just end up getting one of those headlight restore kits for the headlights and buying clear corners off ebay or something.

Tear off the stripe, but leave the Z34 on there. Clear the corners, and lightly tint the tails. Then, all done!

What about the "Chevrolet" and "Z34" on the trunk lid?

i would do a total debadge' date=' but if you're not going to lose the bra, there is no point to doing anything.

[/quote']

I used to spend hours trying to get the bugs off and stone chips repaired after a trip or two between school and home and now I am driving to work everyday on the same roads with trucks throwing rocks and other debris all over so the bra def has to stay. Also, when someone backed into me in a parking lot, the body shop that did the repair did a shitty job on the hood because now you can see where there was work done on the front of it, so I want to cover that up too. I actually didn't like it when I first put it on but I think I've grown pretty partial to it.

Tear off the stripe, but leave the Z34 on there. Clear the corners, and lightly tint the tails. Then, all done!

What about the "Chevrolet" and "Z34" on the trunk lid?

i would do a total debadge' date=' but if you're not going to lose the bra, there is no point to doing anything.

[/quote']

I used to spend hours trying to get the bugs off and stone chips repaired after a trip or two between school and home and now I am driving to work everyday on the same roads with trucks throwing rocks and other debris all over so the bra def has to stay. Also, when someone backed into me in a parking lot, the body shop that did the repair did a shitty job on the hood because now you can see where there was work done on the front of it, so I want to cover that up too. I actually didn't like it when I first put it on but I think I've grown pretty partial to it.

my friend removed just the pinstripe and left those decals on and it looked okay.

get a clear bra then :mrgreen: I absolutely love the one on my cobalt. If I drove my camaro more, i'd put one on there, too.

Remove the pinstriping, but I'd recommend you stop the car first.

lol, that's one of the only pics i have of the car with the bra on. i've been wanting to get some new pics but i haven't had time to clean it up at all. hopefully ill get a chance in the spring. thanks for the input

wow, i didn't think the bra was that bad. it's gotta stay for now, though. it might come off once i move back to pa permanently in a few years. maybe in the spring i will take some pics without it, lol.

it seems to me that a clear bra would look bad except from really far away since you would still be able to see it but then again i didn't even know they made them, i've never seen 'em.

i'm starting to lean more towards just leaving the pinstripes but i might try to mess around with my very limited photoshop skills just for the heck of it

it seems to me that a clear bra would look bad except from really far away since you would still be able to see it but then again i didn't even know they made them, i've never seen 'em.

i'm starting to lean more towards just leaving the pinstripes but i might try to mess around with my very limited photoshop skills just for the heck of it

you can't tell there's anything on there until you get up close and can see the lines where the clear bra ends and that really not bad unless there's some wax or something built up on the edge

Remove the pinstriping, but I'd recommend you stop the car first.

lol, that's one of the only pics i have of the car with the bra on. i've been wanting to get some new pics but i haven't had time to clean it up at all. hopefully ill get a chance in the spring. thanks for the input

Steve is at his best pointing out the obvious

You can tint your headlights without sacrificing too much light. Regal guys do it all the time(IIRC BOTH Regal Shaun/Sean's have it done) and us GP guys do it a lot too. One of my next mods too.

Edit...actually, not sure how it would look on the patterned headlights like the Lumina's have. Both Regals and GP's have clear headlight lenses...so there goes that :lol:

But you could go the headlight covers route...then you can buy my old ones....

Le bras are very bad because over time moisture gets trapped, and everything else and when you go to remove it the hood may be rotted or damaged. The clear bras are very nice and i would highly recommend them