where to get fog light lenses

npfd

hi,

We have a '97 CS, and for a couple of years now the driver side fog light lens was cracked by a rock. Since then we have tried looking around in junkyards for a replacement fog light (the whole thing) but we can't seem to find any. I think some junkyards just toss it out.....

I have read in the for sale/trade section that we can try buying lenses from Autozone or similar stores. But I believe out here in Canada there is no autozone... Also I read that Sonoma fog lights may fit, are these from the GMC truck or? Another thing is I don't want to spend too much on this because the car will probably last another couple of years. Also I saw on a site that we can have a glass cutout to fit the fog light but I think that will be too costly, then I would have to find a glass cutter....

Thanks for any input!

Hey Smooth,

I did a search on the internet for blazertech fog lights and could only find round ones.... unless there is rectangle versions.... would these fit the current mounting bracket?

Thanks!

they come with brackets that fit in your old brackets, if that makes any sense at all. They are for sure rectangular! I was going to use them in my old cutty, but i dumped the car and got a new truck. If you want them PM me please . Later Jay

I agree, it would be much cheaper to just retro-fit some aftermarket rectangular ones. That's what I did after finding that I could get parts from a dealer for like $140 per side. I chuckled and said "no thanks" to that.

I don't recall the brand I used, but found a pair at Walmart that measured fairly close to stock. I pulled the stock brackets and removed the light housings, then riveted the aftermarket brackets into the factory brackets. Worked like a charm on my Cutlass. Cost me like $30. Used the stock wiring, relay, switch, it ended up being a really clean install, if I say so myself.

Alright Dudes,

That sounds good, I should stop by the Wal Mart sometime early summer and look into this....

For Smooth, thanks for the offer, but I'll probably look around locally for this....I'm debating whether to even spend $30 on it for the cosmetic since the CS may only last another 1-2 years..... :sad:

On the front passenger fender right near the wheel well, rust has created a hole (about the size of a thumb) and it's just going to get bigger.... Then again it's not that many people look at the car, most only look at Honda's, VW's and so forth hehehe!

Thanks again!