• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• 19Cutlass94

• GP1138

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, I replaced the control arm bushings, steerin rack, oil pan gasket, harmonic balancer sleeve. Hopefully this will fix the problem, if not then I will replace the spring bearings, if that still does not fix it then, I am going to bring it to a tranny shop.

when you cars moves side to side, does the steering wheel move???

Honestly, kinda sounds like something that is odd, but with the power you are putting down, you tripod joint in the CV shaft is bad causing some binding issues...

wow, huh.... umm, sounds like its in the rear end then. And slight bad camber or toe in the rear will cause a huge issue, and if they used a rear camber kit, I've heard they are highly failure prone and cause issues.. Most shops refuse to use them with alighnments. Other than that, bent lateral link, trailer arm, and/or the bushings associated..

Anything causing tracking in the front end will show up on the steering wheel moving.. The rear end rarely is noticable in the steering wheel..

Oh, any news on the harmonic balancer sleeve stopping that oil leak???

I dont think they used a camber kit in the rear. Heres the thing, if I hold the wheel, the car will drift from side to side, but i let it go it will move the steering wheel, so I dont know. I replace the steering gear,control arm bushing. I will be putting it back together on tuesday night. Once I take it for a drive, I will see if it fixes it. If it does not fix it I will replace the powersteering pump. If it still does it I will replace the sping bearings. About the harmonic balancer, I had to order the sleeve for the balancer not the rear main seal, which I will get on tuesday. But I did check everything on the rear end of the car and nothing looked like it was loose or out of wack.

Well I just finished putting the car back together and it seems to have fixed the problem, but I wont know until I get an alignment. If this does not fix the problem I will look into the rear end.