WTF- I cant stand my car

dohc v6

OK so I got my car back from there dealership and had them do an alignment and a ac recharge, first I was not making boost. So then I fixed that peroblem. Now theres a more serious problem. When I drive the car the car will shift from left to right on its own. I do have brand new tie rods and new ball joints, and the steerin wheel was straight. Now the steering wheel is all fucked up, real bad. It gets worse going faster. My car has pretty bad torque steer now with the turbo, and I cant hold the car straight when going but this is bad. When I drive it will all teh sudden shift and its getting worse. Any ideas??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• 19Cutlass94

• GP1138

everything looked ok. I did notice some oil coming out of the boot of the steering rack, I am thinking that the rack is going bad. I am going to have to drop it off next week to have it fixed.

didnt think so. So its the rack, I reaplced along time ago but cant remember how hard. I dont have 1000 for teh dealer to do this. I just spetn 600 on an alignmetna dn ac charge

$600 on alignement and AC charge? You just got raped. Alignment should have been about $130 fot a 4wheel and AC charge shouldnt be more than $150 TOPS

4 wheel alignments only run $60-90 these days, and that's dealer prices... Add a $60 A/C charge and that how much you shoulda spent.... Or spend $30 and charged the damn A/C yourself.... For the love of god, you boosted a LQ1 somewhat successfully and you can recharge an A/C system :lol:

No it was not like that, it was 120 for the alignment and the ac chage was 300 becasue they had to take some off becuas the turbo was in the way. But then I thought that i was leaking so I brought it back up there and they took the frigon out and said there was no leak. So like 550. They are very good. I have not replaced the rack on this car, I did on my other z. Is there a write up. I want to make sure its teh rack. What would the axles do, could this cause the problem? How about a wheel bearing?

Subframe mounts loose, or if you replaced the balljoints, check the new hardware... The bolts coulda come loose... And of course, the rack could be bad...

K, you spent $260 too much for the A/C recharge... You coulda done it yourself for about $30... I have trouble understanding why you didn't??

And if they were very good, you wouldn't have to take your car back because of an alignment issue when you just had them do the alignment :lol:

I took the car back just last week because the wheel was off just a touch. I cant do a rechage becasue I had the whole system apart. They did a vacuum test and a leak down test and pumped out all the moisture. Plus they used good freigon. I font mind spending good money as long as they did a good job, ohter places would have fuck my car up. I dont have a standard car. I am not to worried about the money I just want this shit fixed. Please help me instead of commenting on the amount I paid.

4 wheel aligments are not 60-90. Maybe 2 wheel yes not but 4 wheel. My reciept shows its $124. so Im sorry.

Ummm, I worked for a tire/alignment shop and have dealt with many dealership who were commercial accounts of mine at AZ... I think I can read prices :wink:

Your in AZ, Im in NY... little difference there. I went to the Only olds dealer in town, had a 4 wheel alignment done, it was like $124.60. Thats what they charge here. Take it or leave it :)

yeah check your toe. check the inner and outter tie-rods make sure they are all tight. If possible, take a ruler and measure to the front the of the passener tire to the front of the driver tire and back of the passenger tire to the back of the driver tire. This will tell you if your toe is in or out.