Anyway to adjust shift points?

91GPSTE

wow thanks i was gona change my tranny oil and put in lucas additive but i guess not nemore.

I've seen someone do that with a Lumina tranny- 2 weeks later the tranny was dead. :eek:

My tranny doesn't shift at WOT out of 2nd gear either...I can wind it up to 130km/h or so, bouncing off the rev limiter and nothing will shift lol..back off the gas a touch and bang, shifts into 3rd and keeps going (very slowly lol)

My tranny doesn't shift at WOT out of 2nd gear either...I can wind it up to 130km/h or so, bouncing off the rev limiter and nothing will shift lol..back off the gas a touch and bang, shifts into 3rd and keeps going (very slowly lol)

I'm tellin u guys, you HAVE to adjust your TV cable- it will make it shift MUCH sooner. I got my GP from shifting at nearly 6,100 RPM, down to shifting at 5,275 RPM's just by adjusting the TV cable. Throwing in a new tranny filter and some new dexron will also do wonders for your tranny. Proper maintenance.

Okay you push the button with a screwdriver AND simultaneously push the cable back towards the cable mounting bracket. That should work- on some cars, you have to move the cable a little. Try that.

Bump... Did that work for you guys?

Okay you push the button with a screwdriver AND simultaneously push the cable back towards the cable mounting bracket. That should work- on some cars, you have to move the cable a little. Try that.

Bump... Did that work for you guys?

I haven't had time to try it yet.

ok so my tranny was just drained abut 6 months ago and i installed a new filter and valvoline high mileage dexron mercron3 tranny fluid. it was actually quite expensive but doing it myself i saved the most. DO NOT USE ADDATIVES!!!!! DO NOT FLUSH YOUR TRANNY

I feel like an idiot. I tried the procedure and the button would spin around but not depress. I even removed the airbox for better leverage. Any ideas here? I'd really like to reset this cable

I got the same problem. Im going to try that tonight. Sometimes at around 20-25 mph it will do it. I changed my fluid about 4 months ago and have only put about 1,500 miles on it.

I may try this as well, as my car has the same sluggish response as has been reported in this thread. It really sucks when the tranny gets hung in 2nd gear after going around a turn or speedbump, as the car loses all forward thrust at that point. I then have to let off, then mash the pedal to make it shift down.