ZZP Poly Dogbone Mounts

digitaloutsider

ZZP gives these reasons for wanting to switch to the offset mounts:

Offset mounts Hold the engine forward, which has a few benefits.

Better oil pickup during drag racing

Removes vibration caused from lowering the car

Better axle alignment for less HP loss through the shafts

Increased weight on the front tires for better launching

Added clearance to sway bar for header and downpipe installs

do they look any different than the stockers? or are they just inserts that replace the stock bushings?

polymounts.jpg

FWIW, I have the intense poly uppers, square and round, and i dont like the extra vibration i can feel.

i think im going back to stock.

when did you get them?...they revised them a few months back...very little vibrations from mine!...

ZZP gives these reasons for wanting to switch to the offset mounts:

Offset mounts Hold the engine forward, which has a few benefits.

Removes vibration caused from lowering the car

exactly what I said. Your car isn't lowered, so you got the standard mounts not the ofeset ones.

And if Independentfool sells his I would be interested in them.

FWIW, I have the intense poly uppers, square and round, and i dont like the extra vibration i can feel.

when did you get them?...they revised them a few months back...very little vibrations from mine!...

I got mine around October, like 2 days before they started the "free poly mounts with purchase over $100" deal. i was like :motz2: since i coulda bought something else and just got those for free.

Well if you dont get much vibration, maybe i need to hurry up and service my trans like ive been needing to, and ill probably replace the tcc solenoid while im in there just be sure its not that causing my vibration.

And Marchi, if i end up wanting to sell them, i sell them to ya cheap! :biggrin:

Anyone know if i can just remove the whole mount part that contains the square poly mount and bolt in Marchi's car? he drive's on 04 GS btw.

I got mine around October, like 2 days before they started the "free poly mounts with purchase over $100" deal. i was like :motz2: since i coulda bought something else and just got those for free.

Well if you dont get much vibration, maybe i need to hurry up and service my trans like ive been needing to, and ill probably replace the tcc solenoid while im in there just be sure its not that causing my vibration.

And Marchi, if i end up wanting to sell them, i sell them to ya cheap! :biggrin:

Anyone know if i can just remove the whole mount part that contains the square poly mount and bolt in Marchi's car? he drive's on 04 GS btw.

after looking @ the pic shaun posted, they look the same on both the regals and the GP's...so, you whould be able to swap that whole mount if you wanted...

after looking @ the pic shaun posted, they look the same on both the regals and the GP's...so, you whould be able to swap that whole mount if you wanted...

Only if he hurries as mine are going to be heading to paint the same time I do a header install on the car....shhh be very very quiet I am hunting ricers....

Mine ripped when I attempted to rotate them due to their age.

I'd definitely take the poly ones over the rotated ones. I didn't notice a difference with them rotated in the Montana, anyway.