Who wants to do a 4T60-E rebuild?

PCGUY112887

Anyone near me (near STL, zip 62234) into doing tranny rebuilds? I'd really like a rebuild, but there is no way I can afford $1200 from a shop. I could chance a junkyard tranny, but I still don't have the skills or stuff to pull my own tranny and replace it. I also then have no idea how long it may last.

I'm just looking for a mild performance rebuild (like stronger clutches/bands, TransGo shift kit, whatever else you may suggest).

Tryin to not spend more than $500ish total (labor and parts).

Well it looks like i'll start getting actual quotes from some shops...

Say I was going to take it to a shop and bring them my own rebuild kit/shift kit/tranny cooler to put in. What would be the best rebuild kit to give them for the most performance? Haven't been able to find any performance rebuild kits for it so far... only stock ones.

As far as the shift kit, i'm assuming TransGo. I did find this, not sure exactelly what it is may just be a shift kit.

http://www.thesurecure.com/parts/parts/SC-4T60-E.htm

And the tranny cooler, any specific brand you guys like? After a google I found this

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/transmisson_coolers/transmission_coolers.htm

and am liking the extra heavy duty performance model for towing 5000lbs + :P

As far as the shift kit, Id say if you want quicker shifts and more reliability go with it. It does almost look like a OE part though.

The trans cooler- I don't think you will need that big of one. W- bodys I believe are midsize cars. Id say for a step up from stock, go with the one thats a little bigger.

The TransGo shift kit on sites even says "This is NOT a performance type part"

There where would I look if I did want a performance type shift kit? :P

I meant quicker shifts now because it is new. It would be like when it rolled out of the factory. As I wrote, it does look like an OE part.

I don't really now where you can get parts for this transmission. I just did a google search and got nothing.

The trans cooler- I don't think you will need that big of one. W- bodys I believe are midsize cars. Id say for a step up from stock, go with the one thats a little bigger.

I'd agree, . You can go too big. The transmission fluid needs to reach certain temps just like engine oil.