x-lace wheel sizes?

Lee

Over on the tires catagory they are coming up with "all gen-1 x-laces are 8" wide. 97+ are 6.5"

That just doesn't sound right to me. The TGP has the wide ones only, right? They have to support the 245 tires.

That is actually correct. All the Gen I crosslaces were the same, so they're all 16" x 8" with a 25mm offset. JNGTP measured his a little while back on his '94, and came up with the same thing. Trust me, GM is not going to make different sized identicle looking wheels for one model. Since the offset had to change in '97 anyways for the Gen II, and they had no intention of putting fatty tires on them, they went with the skinnier wheels. That's why some Gen II guys get the crosslaces to put slicks on.

Over on the tires catagory they are coming up with "all gen-1 x-laces are 8" wide. 97+ are 6.5"

That just doesn't sound right to me. The TGP has the wide ones only, right? They have to support the 245 tires.

I had always heard the same thing as well, but the past few weeks everyone has been saying that they are all the same.

Guess I gotta update my brain :wink:

lol, ya didn't beleive me huh?

I told ya'll in that thread i measured the ones on my '92, the STOCK ones, and they're 8", and yea JN95GTP has STOCK crosslaces on his and they are 8" wide.

So, i'll state what i've said twice before.

Gen I Crosslaces are 16x8" (the flat-faced)

Gen II are 16x6.5", with a bit of a twist to them and a retarded offset by the looks of it

we really need to make a sticky about wheel sizes. i dont know how many times this has come up. as stated, the 1st gen grand prix crosslaces are all 16x8 25mm offset and the 5spokes are 16x7 25mm offset.

we really need to make a sticky about wheel sizes. i dont know how many times this has come up. as stated, the 1st gen grand prix crosslaces are all 16x8 25mm offset and the 5spokes are 16x7 25mm offset.

check out the FAQ section