Engine Cradle

Robby1870

Well, I towed my car home from college for this break we are on to get it fixed. Took to one of my friends shops had him look at it, and he said I bent the sub frame, and the engine cradle. He said for the whole job alignment new wheel, control arm subframe, all that, $500. I am pretty happy. Now here is my question, will they have to take the motor out to fix the engine cradle?? Cuz if so, Im gonna get them to change that oil sender unit that is leakin badly and change the oil pan gasket, if not, that will be done this summer. Anyway, tell me what you thinkg. Thanks in advance.

Robby

no the engine doesnt have to come out, it can be supported by a hoist. altho it would be VERY beneficial to change the sender and pan gasket with the cradle out as it is VERY accessible.

i replaced my cradle(car was slid into a curb sideways at 40mph when i got it) without removing the motor.

cost me $150 at the junkyard for cradle, both control arms, and sway bar all assembled, and took about 4 hours to swap out myself.

thanks for the info. Looks like they found the whole cradle, control arms sway bar, and struts, since one of mine is now bent, at a junk yard already out of a car, for $200. I though that was a pretty good deal, cuz a new cradle alone was $900. Yeah Im gonna change the sender and pan gasket while they have it hoisted. The whole job at my friends shop is gonna be $676. Im pretty happy with that since the bastards I talked to up at college said I had unibody damage and it would be in the thousands to fix it. I should have my car back by Wed. Im so happy, cuz that spoiler needs to be put on and my rear STB needs to have some work done to it.

Robby