why is spinning tires hard on the tranny?

THe_DeTAiL3R

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aaron

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• Canada

• jeremy

i just wish i could even get my tires to chirp, from a red light!! :bash:

join the club, i remember when i had 195/75/14's i would smoke the shit out of my tires, but that was when the car had 50K

My car doesn't seem to have any problems spinning the tires, especially at Milan Dragway...my 60' time was over 4 seconds once because the tires went up in a cloud of smoke.

The Quad4 5-speed Cutass seems to love spining the tires!

How does Aaron find these posts? I swear all he does is use the search engine for "aaron"

Nah I don't do that, becuz there is another member here, that after every post, ends it with -Aaron, so the search brings up all his posts.

I just search the new topics and click ont he ones that relate to me, or that I find interesting. And when people who somehow think they know more about my car than I do have to say something, I'm always having to correct them.

Yes, it isn't good for the tranny. But it doesn't significantly hurt it. It's much better than having your tires hook up right away. And yes, I did hit the rev limiter with Tony in the car, on a few occasions. THAT'S WHY I BUILT THE FUCKING MOTOR, so it could do that, and still run perfect. I had no fears about it reaching 7150rpm. He knows I drove the car hard, but the motor was well taken care of, and it could handle being driven hard. So for me to pick him up, and drive like a little pussy is wrong, it's almost lying. "I'm selling you this car, I think its pretty fast and runs good, but I won't take it above 3000rpm to show you." Does that sound fair to him? So yes, I drove it around, I pegged the limiter, and I lit the fuck out of those tires. And he wasn't complaining at the time :twisted:

I can chirp the tires, but the car still has to be colder because once it warms up, it seems to lose power lol...like yesterday, some numb nut in a Kia Rio was pushing me all the way Prston avenue....so when we got to the freeway lights, I fuckin gave her and lit it up a bit but then the car hates me for a while after that

How does Aaron find these posts? I swear all he does is use the search engine for "aaron"

we have a rat among us.

What's it to you?

I'm still allowed here, I'll post as often aas I want wherever I want. I'm not breaking any rules. If I want to post, I will. So in essence you're as much of a rat as you say I am, as you are posting useless shit in a topic that has no reference to you. I at least keep posting to posts that relate to me, or that I have something to offer in.

we have a rat among us.

What's it to you?

Wow man...what do you think a rat is? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever hear the phrase "I'm gonna rat you out"? Go with that, guy.

why hasn't aaron been banned.....hes a total menace! then theres the fact that he knows nothing about making a DOHC fast! total n00blar by anyones standards!

god the internet is fun!!

why hasn't aaron been banned.....hes a total menace! then theres the fact that he knows nothing about making a DOHC fast! total n00blar by anyones standards!

Actually, you're the n00blar. Aaron is quite knoweledgeable about the DOHC, he just chooses to express his knoweledge through arrogance and occasional flagrant ignorance. Quite different from being a menace. You, sir, are expressing ignorance right now. When Aaron does something ban-worthy, he will be banned. Right now, he's just being a hypocrite, which isn't ban-worthy.

Actually' date=' you're the n00blar. Aaron is quite knoweledgeable about the DOHC, he just chooses to express his knoweledge through arrogance and occasional flagrant ignorance. Quite different from being a menace. You, sir, are expressing ignorance right now. When Aaron does something ban-worthy, he will be banned. Right now, he's just being a hypocrite, which isn't ban-worthy.[/quote']

.....couldn't have said it better myself.....Aaron does have quite a bit of knowledge about the LQ1, he just doesn't always express it in the best manner and does get quite defensive quite quickly in a lot of cases, but I certainly wouldn't even begin to say that he "knows nothing about making a DOHC fast"...

we have a rat among us.

What's it to you?

I'm still allowed here, I'll post as often aas I want wherever I want. I'm not breaking any rules. If I want to post, I will. So in essence you're as much of a rat as you say I am, as you are posting useless shit in a topic that has no reference to you. I at least keep posting to posts that relate to me, or that I have something to offer in.

Aaron, he wasn't calling you a rat :lol:

Actually' date=' you're the n00blar. Aaron is quite knoweledgeable about the DOHC, he just chooses to express his knoweledge through arrogance and occasional flagrant ignorance. Quite different from being a menace. You, sir, are expressing ignorance right now. When Aaron does something ban-worthy, he will be banned. Right now, he's just being a hypocrite, which isn't ban-worthy.[/quote']

Well I have a slight inkling that IT'S FUCKING SARCASM. :wink:

Well, it was really FUCKING subtle then, because two mods didn't pick up on it. :lol: :shrug:

Well, it was really FUCKING subtle then, because two mods didn't pick up on it. :lol: :shrug:

Well I figured it was obvious considering he used exclamation points (sometimes multiple) after every sentence, words like n00blar, and talked about Aaron not knowing how to make a DOHC fast when he's got (I believe) the fastest N/A DOHC on the board (or did until Tony got it) and pretty much everyone knows that.

But I have no idea. :P

Well I figured it was obvious considering he used exclamation points (sometimes multiple) after every sentence, words like n00blar, and talked about Aaron not knowing how to make a DOHC fast when he's got (I believe) the fastest N/A DOHC on the board (or did until Tony got it) and pretty much everyone knows that.

But I have no idea. :P

well I have the fastest N/A DOHC slip, but I'll let it slide :wink:

well I have the fastest N/A DOHC slip, but I'll let it slide :wink:

Yah your slip is like 7 tenths faster than mine...hehe

The cars put down identical dyno numbers though, but your car could probably beat mine in its current state, your curve was much prettier. But your car's tuning was also pretty good, a bit lean, but still good. Mine on the other hand....yah....um....well....

Throwing out Kevwood's BS numbers, I had the 4th highest DOHC power output we have seen, and the 2nd fastest 1/4mi we have seen:

1)TimG-263whp

2)Short Runner intake guy-240whp

3)Z34 nut-218.8whp 14.5 or 6?

4)My old car-218.6whp 14.78

After reading all that (including the drama) Im still just as lost as before to what you guys are trying to say. I understand it isnt good for the tranny when like the tire spins and the next second it grips (like going from ice to blacktop) But the rest of what you guys were trying to say, I duno

After reading all that (including the drama) Im still just as lost as before to what you guys are trying to say. I understand it isnt good for the tranny when like the tire spins and the next second it grips (like going from ice to blacktop) But the rest of what you guys were trying to say, I duno

Spinning tires is not good for a trannsmission, but it won't ruin it, unless of course you are making a lot of power and they are hooking up hard.

The actual spinning of the tires is no harder on the tranny than WOT racing. The hard parts of the act are when you first start, but most of the stress gets absorbed by the clutch. It is also hard on the tranny when the tires finally do catch.

My point was that everyone can tell me how bad it is for the tranny, and blah blah blah, but look, almost every one of these people drives a 3100 auto. What kind of credibility is that? I have owned 2 Z34 5-speeds with 3 different trannies, and done multiple burnouts on each. Hell I even got one caught on video. Anyways, of all my burnouts (And there were probably hundreds in the white car just from launching it), the tranny never once had any issues. I did blow out the 2nd gear synchro in the white car, but it was not a result of a burnout, more a missed shift.

If you have any sort of Getrag, with under 400hp, you won't run into any problems associated with doing burnouts.