HokemBokem

Well I go to check my oil level because I havent checked it in a while, and as soon as I pop the hood I notice something in the corner of my eye. My coolant resivour looked completely empty :shock: So I pop the top and there is about a 1/8 inch high level from the bottom. WTF is happening? I have not noticed any puddles lately.

It used to leak a little out the head gasket but that was all fixed when I got the engine rebuild. Also Lately my car has been sounding really high pitched and the tranny wont shift sometimes and when im going like 65 the RPM's are much higher than normal. I dont think this collant issue has anything to do with the higher pitched sound or anything and will start a new post about that.

I also just checked and did not see any problems with the tubing or resivour.

It could be a tiny pin hole leaking slowly. Could be the waterpump...

My car was losing coolant mysteriously also, but since last time I added it hasn't gone down. Oh well.. :shrug:

I'd double check that intake gasket.

It doesn't have to show outside to be leaking inside...

Put a pressure tester on it and look around...

The intake gaskets were changed as well with the engine rebuild about 15,000 miles ago.

The intake gaskets were changed as well with the engine rebuild about 15,000 miles ago.

Remember, they only get torqued to 10 ft lbs. really easy to overtorque and crack.

Remember, they only get torqued to 10 ft lbs. really easy to overtorque and crack.

My point.

You could of put them in yesterday and ruptured them.

Agian - there are NEW/REVISED Gaskets that have a metal insert for the screw hole - get that. It makes it near impossible to overtorque!!!

That is the only thing that comes to mind...

The Tranny Cooler could be ruptured. This would allow coolent into the tranmission. That would explain all of your above symtoms. Check your tranny fluid. if its kinda milky, you have coolant in your tranny. And thats a nice tranny rebuild because that tranny will never shift right again.