Need Help with an idea

1990lumina

Hey guys, while I was stuck in traffic today and watching my temp guage rise and rise I knew it was bcause the fan(s) don't kick in early enough (for my liking)

So, I thought to myself wouldn't it be great to have a manual switch in the car somewhere under the dash, so in instances where I'd like the fans to be on they would be.

However, I'm forgetful, so...what would all be involved in letting the fans turn on at usual temps when ever I'm not paying much attention, but when I'm sitting in traffic I can put them on manually.

It's hard to explain what I want....I want them to automatically turn on like usual, but I also want to be able to "manually override" the system when I want to...

If any of this makes sense to you, could you chime in please??

- Jeff L.

should be rather simple

take a wire from the battery, hook it to a switch, and splice it together with the positive wire on the fan, should be 3 wires coming together

that way, when you flip the switch the fans are recieve power and/or they recieve power when the sensor tells them to turn on

should be rather simple

take a wire from the battery, hook it to a switch, and splice it together with the positive wire on the fan, should be 3 wires coming together

that way, when you flip the switch the fans are recieve power and/or they recieve power when the sensor tells them to turn on

Not as simple as that. You will need a relay in between to keep from the power draw.

Use this as your way of doing it: http://www.bstuff.com/index.php?showtopic=12927

Oh, and that GM type relay is just a standard Bosche relay with a pigtail harness on it.

I knew there was a reason why I stayed on the beretta board even after two years of not owning one... they actually mod there cars, and do stuff correctly.