Actual Dyno CHARTS.

Canada

I'm starting this topic in the hope that we can get a sticky put up with different dyno charts for different powertrain/modification combo's.

The catalyst for this was Aaron's 218whp dyno run...............3 threads later (all of 4+ pages) and yet I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE DAMN CHART :lol:

So.

What I would like is for people to post W Body (or relevant...in other words swappable) charts, AND a list of EXACTLY what mods were done to the car at the time.

These charts will be useful (if we get enough) to see what mod combos do what, and how much boost (for the TGP guys) will net how much power etc.

Plus you can pick shiftpoints :D

In any event:

I WANT TO SEE THE DAMN CHART FOR AARON'S OLD Z34 !!!!!

:wink:

Well here is mine:

dyno1.jpg

My tq seems really low though...

Mods: ZZP 3.4 S/C Pulley, DHP PCM, Wizaired Intake, U-bend/Res, 180 T-stat, Autolite 104's

And to start things off........

Here's the chart for my 1996 Beretta 3100 with the following modifications at the time:

105K mile 3100

Street Arsenal CONED (not bored) TB

FFP UDP

Custom (ghetto) 2.25in mandrel bent exhaust with Extremeflow cat, no resonator and Dynomax Ultraflow muffler.

It's a comparison of the stock airbox with Fram filter (run #2) vs stock airbox with K&N drop-in (#3) vs my RSM warm air intake (#4).

StockvsKNvsRSM.jpg

The chart is in mph due to a faulty tach signal, but I DID hit the rev limiter (6012rpm according to the Tech II).

Also, ignroe the inflated readings below 44mph (~3K rpm).........they are due to torque convertor multiplication.

Anway............WHERE IS AARON'S CHART :D

edit: I added a chart with a torque curve to it, although apparently, I still copied it from Dynojet's "Run viewer" with it still in MPH...........duh :oops:

Guess while I was typing somebody got in before me :lol:

Also, sl3196...can you post your mods please?

They may be in your sig NOW, but you might add more....etc.... :wink:

Guess while I was typing somebody got in before me :lol:

Also, sl3196...can you post your mods please?

They may be in your sig NOW, but you might add more....etc.... :wink:

I'm too fast! :lol: Edited my post with the mods.

I will get mine up tomorrow. Including my dyno from Ft Collins and then the Dyno from last weekend. Should be interesting to break them down.

Only thing I have is a Jeff M chip in it and a free flowing air filter from the previous owner with some of my corrections for altitude. I will not go into detail about what that chip modification entails because I do not want to start anything about Jeff's chip!! kapeesh? :wink: 8)

Give me till tomorrow evening or Saturday morning...going drag racing with the TSTE and the Talon Friday night... :mrgreen:

I see we both did 2nd gear pulls (sl3196 and I)...........although your taller tires make for a higher terminal mph at 6K :D

Who else (TGP guys maybe)?

Guest TurboSedan

i'm gonna make this a sticky in the Powertrain section....

probably won't have a dyno chart for my 3.1 Turbo Cutlass until mid summer :( the only dyno chart i have now is the one from my GTS.

So you got 220whp on 7psi with the following mods correct?

Taken directly from your website:

Custom tuned ECM

-Boost Increased to 12 PSI

-Calibrated for 5 speed tranny

5 Speed Transmission swap from factory Automatic tranny

- Centerforce clutch

K&N Filter on turbo (Model# RU-1770)

Jeff M Crossover Pipe

Garrett T-25 Factory Turbo

Gutted Cat, Magnaflow Mufflers

Removed Condenser fins (Improved airflow to intercooler)

But you ran on 7psi vice 11-12psi correct? I'm sure pushing past 10psi with such an undersized turbo produces more heat than power. Still....not bad............probably the equivalent of 205-210ish whp if you still had the automatic. Not bad at ALL for very basic mods

And lotso torque too..... :D

Finally, what version of the 282 do you have? Is it from a W-Body V6 or a J/L body? Because if I can get the trans type, I can plug in the gearing with your chart and work up some IDEAL shiftpoints for that particular setup...........might be good (or not :P ) for a tenth or two in the quarter over what you are using right now :wink:

So, anybody have a chart for a STOCK TGP?

And anyLQ1 autos too?

:?:

Well here is mine:

*insert big dyno pic here*

Mods: ZZP 3.4 S/C Pulley, DHP PCM, Wizaired Intake, U-bend/Res, 180 T-stat, Autolite 104's

Actually...........I think your torque is spot on.

224whp is right about 280-285 CRANK hp, and with 249lb/ft to the wheels, you are at ~310-315lb/ft at the crank.

So, with I/P/PCM and a couple of cheap tricks you are 40-45hp and 30-35lb/ft over stock. I'd be happy with that :D

Yea, I haven't updated my site for a while.

The only new addition is the Manual Boost Controller.

I'm sure if I did some fuel work I could push the boost back up to what it was. I NEED to get a A/F Guage to be sure though. The WBO2 readings at that place spooked me, so I'm keeping the boost down for the time being until I know for sure how the car is doing.

The tranny is out of an 88-89 GP.

TGPdyno2.jpg

It's hard to see, but that's what I got last year. I got a SES light right after I left the shop and pulled a code 43 which is ESC, which probably caused low timing. I reset the computer and it came back, until I burned a new memcal and it hasn't come back since. I'm going to dyno again this year so we'll see what happens. I've run a 14.6 @ 97 with that exact setup so I'm sure that was the problem.

Mods:

-getrag 284

-DSM BOV

-tuned Jeff M. chip to run with 5 speed

-11 psi

Well here is mine:

*insert big dyno pic here*

Actually...........I think your torque is spot on.

224whp is right about 280-285 CRANK hp, and with 249lb/ft to the wheels, you are at ~310-315lb/ft at the crank.

So, with I/P/PCM and a couple of cheap tricks you are 40-45hp and 30-35lb/ft over stock. I'd be happy with that :D

Stock torque on L67's is grossly underrated though. I've seen stock L67 cars dyno 270+wtq. many times. His torque definately seems low me. Should be closer to 300wtq...

Dyno chart from a stock Olds 88 LSS here: http://tinypic.com/1h9t1k Multiply the torque by 2 as the RPM's are doubled (look at the bottom where it runs up to 12k!), and you will see 271.2wtq.

Shawn

Stock torque on L67's is grossly underrated though. I've seen stock L67 cars dyno 270+wtq. many times. His torque definately seems low me. Should be closer to 300wtq...

Dyno chart from a stock Olds 88 LSS here: http://tinypic.com/1h9t1k Multiply the torque by 2 as the RPM's are doubled (look at the bottom where it runs up to 12k!), and you will see 271.2wtq.

Shawn

Ahhhhh........but it isn't........

You are forgetting one thing: torque multiplication (via the torque convertor).

The 4T65-E HD with the stock torque convertor will NOT lock up at anything below 4K rpm (for the GTP.........likely a little less for the Olds and Buick cars which have lower stall TC's). This artificially raises the torque figures on cars dynoed without 2nd (or 3rd) gear locked up (in other words, ANY car that just locks in in "2" and does a pull will have skewed torque readings below 4K.

Go look at the chart for Canada's 3100 above..........HIS car's 4T60-E acts very similar and won't lock until 3K........... and you can see it easily.

As for the chart YOU posted:

http://tinypic.com/1h9t1k

Take a look..............cut the rpm in half (you are correct there)...........now see how torque is on it's way DOWN all the way to ~7200-7300rpm (about 3600ish actual). Only from THERE on are you getting an accurate figure...........

You can actually SEE where the TC goes into full lockup (see the curve/angle in the hp and torque lines?).

So THAT car is actually making around 240lb/ft (after doubling to account for the rpm being cut in half) to the wheels from ~3600rpm on up (to nearly 4500 where it starts to taper off). Torque readings BELOW that may well be a little higher (since the factory rates the peak at 3200-3600rpm depending on year and model of L67), but without signaling the PCM to lock the gear, you can't get an accurate measurement.

It's also this goofy TC behavior that causes the stock GTP PCM's 3-4 shift to drop from ~5000rpm (in 3rd) to ~4000rpm (in 4th)...........NOT what you'd expect from a 1:1 3rd gear and 0.705:1 4th (you should drop to ~3500rpm).

Make a little more sense now?

:D

Also..........look what I found:

EngineDyno.jpg[/img]

It's Michaels' (of FFP fame) old Z34 (now owned by Z34 nut).

IIRC, this car has the following:

Custom CAI and TB arm

69mm TB

96+ intakes

Custom FFP chip

FFP UDP

Custom mandrel bent 2.5in exhaust with straight-through Magnaflow mufflers and resonators.

219whp isn't bad for what are essentially bolt-ons (what also what leads me to believe that Aarons old car may dyno higher than 218whp once it gets some tuning).

BTW..........100mph is 7150rpm (in 3rd gear), so the ~90mph power peak equates to ~6450rpm.

The power above yielded a 14.59@94.8mph on a hot humid day (I watched it run :D ) at Great Lakes dragway in WI.

Here's mine.

Mods: 2.5" catless straight through exhaust, RSM/Blitz intake

719379_23_full.jpg

Tim

:shock:

tiny sheet, i cant read that :(

got a bigger one?

I've got bigger ones on my computer, but nowhere to host them. If you know of a way to get them up, I can e-mail them to you. The lowest HP came from my first runs with a cold motor and the mini-AFC cranked up. The highest runs came with the mini-AFC zero'd out which is why I left it out of my mod list. These 5 runs were with less than 2 minutes in between each and the highest run was my last run.

Tim

Very nice numbers people! And, no I'm not dynoing a 142xxx mile 2.8, not that I'll get over 100whp... :oops:

PS: been waiting to say this...

Aaron, where's that dyno sheet?!? :!: :?: :!: :D

timg,

i have your sheets, ive just been away from home for a bit.....there on my server somewhere, ill post the links when i get a chance.

sorry

:) I have a brand new dyno sheet to post. Expect to see it soon. The results were good- roughly 100 hp more at the wheels than the last time I dyno'd at PFI...

Tim