WHY does my car DO this?

gmrulz4u

The warmer my car gets, the harder it seems to shift.

Especially when I accelerate harder than normal. It kinda FEELS like it slips before it "catches" or whatever...

I have a feeling it is NOT tranny related...I think it's either the CV joints or the axles are worn...but then again, that doesn't explain why it's not bad when it's cold??

The reason I don't think it's the tranny is because I've had 2 used trannies, and one(current) nicely re-built one, and they ALL did it...

Maybe I'll just get it flushed and filled...see what happens...

I was thinking that as well...because I know that the 440-T4(4T60) is Vacuum Modulated, and it uses engine vacuum to determine the firmness of each shift change...

I'll check that out:)

I don't know what year your car is, but if it doen't have the TV cable and its electronic you may have a few small electrical problems that you haven't considered. The electronic transmissions rely on input from the TPS, and the TPS's seem to give problems under different temperature conditions. Another thing you may want to look at is the PRNDL switch. If it is going bad and telling the ECM that the car is in a different gear it will relay the wrong info to the trans. I used to work in a trans shop and with electronically controlled transes these are typical common problems, when overlooked can eventually cause more problems internally to the trans.

Oh, and if your trans is cable perated you may need an adjustment of the TV cable.